It's no question that the Walt Disney World Resort is popular for all ages - including adults. We could even say, especially adults if you're with the right crowd. Adults only trips to Disney World are gaining in popularity and for good reason. There is so much to do in all four theme parks, over 20 resort hotels and Disney Springs. Whether you're looking for unique festivals, inspired dining or immersive attractions, you'll find it all at Disney World.
Today we're focusing on just one aspect of an adult only Disney World vacation - the rides. We've put together a video that will tell you our team's favorite 11 rides for adults at Walt Disney World. Watch to see if your favorite attraction made the cut - you may be surprised:
11 Rides for Adults at Walt Disney World
There you have it! Did your favorite attraction made the list? We realize that everyone will have a different opinion, but these rides should make any adult trip an adventure. We've put together a recap of our favorite 11 rides for adults at Walt Disney World.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Rides for Adults at Walt Disney World
1. Flight of Passage: Our first ride to make the list that should be no suprise and is located in Pandora, the newest land at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. This Avatar themed attraction is one of the most incredible and immersive rides we've ever been in on in any theme park. Hands down. FastPasses for Flight of Passage go quickly, so you'll want to make your reservation 60 days out. Being able to book your FastPass reservations 60 days in advance is one of our favorite perks of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel.
2. Expedition Everest: In our humble opinion, this is one of the funnest roller coasters in any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks. It is so well themed and really is a thrill. There are some legitimately scary moments, which make it extra fun for adults at Walt Disney World.
Interactive Rides for Adults at Walt Disney World
3 - 4 . Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Toy Story Mania!: Because of the interactive and competetive elements of Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story, we talked about these together. Numbers three and four made our list of rides for adults at Walt Disney World because let's face it, it's way more fun to beat your friends at a game than it is to beat a little kid. Ha! But really, both of these rides allow you to earn points, and it is really fun to have bragging rights for top score.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters can be found in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom. Toy Story Mania is in the new Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Both are tons of fun. Just be aware that you'll probably want to ride each of these attractions more than once if your group is really competetive.
Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot Attractions for Adults at Walt Disney World
5. Star Tours - The Adventures Continue: As of right now, Star Tours is the only Star Wars themed ride at Disney World. That alone automatically makes it one of our favorite attractions for adults at Walt Disney World, but it's more than that. There are so many different versions of the ride, and you never know which one you're going to get. You could come face-to-face with Kylo Ren, Darth Vader or Boba Fett. Your journey could take you to one of a handful of planets from the Star Wars saga.
And as an added bonus, it is located right outside the soon-to-be-opened Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land coming in Fall 2019. You can find Star Tours - The Adventures Continue at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
6. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: This classic attraction can only be found at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort. It is spooky and thrilling; two of our favorite combinations. While it may be too frightening for small kids, this attraction is perfect for an adults only trip. Adults who remember watching The Twilight Zone will especially enjoy "dropping" in to ride.
7. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith: There is only one place on the planet where you'll find this ride, and that's Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's a perfect attraction for adults at Walt Disney World because it is fast, dark, surprising - and features awesome music that most adults will appreciate. There's no teeny bopper music here!
8. Test Track: Another Walt Disney World original makes our list of favorite rides for adults. Test Track is fun because you create your own virtual vehicle that you get to take it for a spin via a simulation car on the Test Track. The track itself is approximately a mile long, and you can reach speeds of up to 65 mph. It is a ton of fun for adults, and even more fun if you have a car fanatic in your group.
Rides for Adults at Walt Disney World at Magic Kingdom
9 - 11. Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountian Railroad: No list of favorite attractions would be complete without the mountains of Walt Disney World. All three of these fan favorites can be found at the Magic Kingdom, which as you can tell, isn't just for kids. Each of these three rides are Disney classics, and each is just different enough from its Disneyland "twin."
Space Mountain makes the list because it speeds you through a dark galaxy. Splash Mountain always gets us with the huge drop into the briar patch. And Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is just about as classic of a Disney roller coaster as you can find. All three are incredibly popular and worth using a FastPass reservation.
Booking a Trip for Adults at Walt Disney World
If you're thinking of booking a vacation to Disney World with adults only, we are here to help! Our Walt Disney World travel experts will help you with every step of the way. They can help you choose your hotel, decide which Disney World tickets would be best for your stay and walk you through everything you need to know. You can book your Disney World vacation online, or for personalized assistance, call 855-GET-AWAY.