FAQ's for Cruising
What is the best way to book a cruise with Get Away Today?
- Get Away Today offers assistance with booking a cruise - all at no extra cost to you! You can use our self-service website, or you can call a cruise specialist at 877-510-2929 Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm MST, or you can schedule an in-office appointment to discuss your cruise options with an agent. To schedule an in-office appointment, please call 877-510-2929.
Why should I book through Get Away Today?
- Our agents have sailed on a wide variety of cruise lines and have visited many of the most popular destinations, so you’ll be equipped with expert knowledge when planning your cruise. Because we have experienced so many cruises first-hand, we have tips and tricks most other websites or agencies don’t know about. Plus, our services are 100% free to use! Get Away Today doesn’t have any booking fees or penalties and offers exclusive promotions throughout the year - just for Get Away Today guests. When you book with us, you’ll always be backed by our Best Price, Best Service Guarantee.
I have more than four people traveling, how do I book my cruise?
- Most cruises limit the room capacity to four people per room, regardless of age. If you have a larger travel party, you will need to book multiple staterooms. You can do this by listing an adult as the primary traveler in each room, followed by the children in descending order split between the two rooms. By doing this, you can ensure that your youngest children are the last passengers in each room for the biggest price savings. If you cannot find your rooms as you want them online using the deck map tools, feel free to call us at 877-510-2929 for assistance and we would be happy to help.
Why do different websites show various pricing for the same cruise?
- Pricing on other websites may only show you a part of the total cost, while our pricing will always include your cruise fare, port fees, and government taxes. These are all standard inclusions no matter where you book your cruise.
My promotional offer included onboard credits, where can I view my credits?
- Onboard credits will show on your shipboard sail and sign accounts, which is usually visible within the first 24 hours of embarkation. Depending on the cruise line and type of promotion, some credits might reflect ahead of time early on your app. Please check with your specific cruise line to see when you might be able to access your onboard credit.
Do you have to be vaccinated to go on a cruise?
- Most major cruise lines do not require guests to be vaccinated to sail. There are some exceptions where a specific destination may require it. It is always best to check with one of our travel experts, or the cruise line’s website for the most up-to-date information.
How do I find the best deal on cruises?
- There are several things to consider when booking a cruise and we are here to help! For the lowest pricing, look for smaller, older ships with smaller sailing durations or travel during non-peak times (i.e. school year, etc.) In general, anytime schools are out of session the costs will be higher and promotions can sometimes limit these travel dates as a blackout period. However, booking in advance will offer you more time to get the best price and best availability for your cruise.
Does Get Away Today offer price monitoring for cruises?
- Get Away Today will always make sure you get the best deal on your next cruise. If you see that your cruise may have gone down in price since you booked, please call our travel experts and we’d be happy to review your reservation. There are some cases where a promotional deal will be for new bookings only, but we still recommend giving us a call to see if we can help.
Now that I booked my cruise, what are my next steps?
- Download your cruise line’s app and/or create an online account to link your reservation. This is where you’re going to find shore excursion options, onboard extras such as spa treatments or beverage packages, as well as your online check-in. Most of your boarding passes will be found in your app. There are few exceptions, but you will be able to find the print option online instead of a digital pass where necessary.
Are passports required?
- If your cruise starts and stops in the same US port, passports are not required. However, we strongly recommend using a passport whenever you’re traveling out of the country. If you do not have a passport, you will need a state-issued birth certificate for all guests. Please note that guests who are 16 years or older will also need to have a matching government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license.
Can Get Away Today help me book flights for my cruise?
- Get Away Today does not book flights at this time. We have found that it’s currently in your best interest to book your flights directly with the airlines to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information on changes that may impact your flight. We always recommend flying into your port city the day before your sailing in case of any flight delays.
What transportation options are available going to/from the ship or back to the airport?
- If you’re flying in the day before your cruise, most people prefer to use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. However, some hotels near the cruise ports will offer shuttle services or free cruise parking. Most cruise lines will only pick up and drop off from the closest airport. Disney Cruise Line is the only exception to this, as they will also pick up and drop off from their on-site hotels. Although most shuttle services are an additional cost, our team can help you look into shuttle services for your specific sailing.
Are gratuities included in the price of my cruise?
- Most cruise lines do not include gratuities in their pricing and it will be a separate cost that can be added to your reservation. These can be prepaid at a fixed cost, or paid onboard during your sailing.
Is seasickness something to worry about?
- Certain cabins are better for feeling less motion. However, most people don’t have an issue with seasickness on a cruise. Most cruise ships today have much better stabilizers than those of the past. If you are concerned about seasickness, look for a cabin that is as low and close to the middle of the ship as possible.
How do I book shore excursions?
- Shore excursions can be booked via your cruise line’s app or by accessing your reservation on the cruise lines website. You will also receive shore excursion options through one of our trusted partners - Shore Excursion Group, that can be booked through the links provided in the email.
Can I put my cruise on a Payment Plan?
- Get Away Today does offer a no-fee payment plan on select cruises. Cruises can be held with a deposit and you can make payments up until approximately 90 days before the sail date. The earlier you book, the longer you have to make payments towards your balance. Each cruise line will have different requirements, but feel free to ask our cruise experts for more details specific to the sailing you are interested in.