Getting ready for your vacation is such an exciting time! No matter how long you've been awaiting your adventure, the week before is full of anticipation and preparations. We've compiled a checklist to make your vacation prep as seamless as possible:
- Gather all of your travel documents and print any electronic vouchers. If it helps, you can keep everything in a binder with separators for each day’s activities.
- Go to your bank or credit union and get dollar bills for tips (shuttle drivers, maids, bellhops, etc.). You can even use singles to reward your kids for good behavior on a road trip - then that's their spending money for your vacation!
- While visiting your financial institution, let them know when your family is going out of town. That way you won't alert the fraud department with out-of-state purchases on your credit or debit card.
- Start packing - it's not too early! Grab all of the things you'll need on vacation, but won't use before you go, like swimsuits, flip flops, a pair of PJs, etc. You can even start packing some outfits. Here's a link to a great tutorial on how to keep everything straight for everyone in your family: Traveling With Kids - Easy Packing Tip.
- If you want to save on souvenirs on your trip, you can buy some ahead of time at the dollar store. Now is a good time to stock up. Here's a link to a blog: Disneyland Vacation Souvenir Surprises, showing you what you can get and how to make your souvenirs even more fun!
- Check out our top 10 travel apps to use while on your Disneyland vacation. Download which ones you want to use. It will get you excited and it's one less thing you have to do right before your vacation.
- Call the post office and/or newspaper to hold your mail for your dates or ask a neighbor to collect your mail and paper while you're gone.