Listing Image
Tuesday Nov. 12, 2013

Ahoy there Matey! If you are on a quest for a fun way to surprise your jolly crew with a family vacation, then look no further. We have created a complete vacation surprise scavenger hunt for you to employ! There is no greater treasure in all the high seas than a trip to the Disneyland Resort. The experience and memories you will make on your adventure to the Happiest Place on Earth will be greatly treasured. Savvy?

Avast ye! If you are ready to send your crew on an incredible adventure, lets weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen, or in other words, let's get started.

First, print off the instructions and clues from our site. There is one introduction letter, eight generic clues (Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 & Page 4), and a poem to hide in your treasure box announcing your upcoming Disneyland vacation!

I printed mine on a cream colored card stock.

Cut out each clue following the outline of burnt edges.

The clues will lead your little scallywags on a scavenger hunt through your home. You will have to secretly hide the clues in advance in their designated places. You will be able to figure out where they go when you read the clues!

After all your clues are hidden, you will want to place your treasure box at the end of the hunt. In this case, the hunt ends on the front porch. It is really quite fun loading the treasure chest with gold, jewels, and other trinkets and treasures. I found some golden tinsel at the dollar store to put in the bottom of the treasure chest to make it look sparkly and full. Then, I added some chocolate nuggets and chocolate golden coins. They are both shiny and delicious. I also found some fake jewelry, skull straws, a lobster, and some sea shells to add to the loot. Be sure to include the Disney Vacation letter as well. It is a fun poem announcing your upcoming trip to Disneyland!

To start the hunt, read the introduction letter and hand over the first clue. Then, the fun begins! Watch as your seadogs race through the house from clue to clue. It is terribly exciting!

Once they find the treasure, let them sift through all the booty before they read the trip letter.

The very best part of the entire hunt is watching their faces light up when they realize the adventure has just began...they are going on a trip to Disneyland!

We'd love to help your crew get ready for their Disneyland adventure. Book one of our Disneyland packages online or call our agents at 855-GET-AWAY to save some major loot on your Disneyland vacation!

13 Comments

Heather on June 11, 2014 at 3:09 PM
This is AWESOME!! I totally want to do this with my boys for a surprise trip we have planned for this November, but I was wondering if there is a way to edit the poem to say "Disney World"?? Thanks in advance!!
Felisha on August 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Love this, but wondering the same as Heather :)
Alisha on October 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM
How cute, I want to do this with my girls, but I need Disney World... Maybe I can do a separate one for the last poem so it will say Disney World.. how cool
Carolina on October 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Same, need Disney...
Nicole on December 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I'm wondering something similar. Love this and want to use the downloads. We're headed to Universal Studios and wondering if I can edit the last letter.
Cindy Wright on December 2, 2015 at 9:19 AM
Same question as everyone else! I love this and I am taking my two grandsons to Disney World. Where is the answer as to whether this last page can be edited? Thanks
on December 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM
For those of you having troubles changing the ending. Rhyming with World, I could only think of curled.... so here's a couple substitutes. "We are going to a place near the ocean and it's sunny as can be We are going to... Disney." "We are going to a place near the sand and the sea We are going to... Disney."
Tiffany on December 22, 2015 at 4:29 AM
Was wondering if there is anyway to edit the Disney poem? Thanks so much. This is an awesome idea! :)
on January 30, 2016 at 2:27 PM
"There are Princesses, Mickey Mouse and Minnie to see - we are going to Disney!"
Summer on May 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM
For those of you looking to rhyme with world.. "Go ahead and clap, dance and twirl, because tomorrow we are leaving for Disney World"
Autumn on August 4, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Used all the clues in this post, but needed a poem for Colonial Williamsburg. Here's what I came up with: You have found the treasure! You must be pretty smart. Now are you ready For the very best part? It is better than candy or jewels or gold. It’s a step back in time, we’ve been told. We’re going on an educational trip To Colonial Williamsburg, we’ll unpack and unzip For AJ’s birthday, on vacation we’ll be In our condo we rented, just a jump from the sea.
jrpilgrim on May 22, 2017 at 3:41 PM
Love this...I am using it this week to surprise my daughter with a Carnival Cruise for her highschool graduation! I printed off a copy of treasure/pirate paper, then printed a copy of my edited poem (So, before you begin the rest of your life's story, let's take a cruise on the Carnival Glory!!). I made sure the poem fit nicely, then ran the pirate/treasure copy through the printer and printed the poem. She has no idea...I can't wait!
Get Away Today on May 23, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Hi Jrpilgrim! We just wanted to say we are so happy to hear about you using this to surprise your daughter. That line is great and we hope she has the best time on the Carnival Glory! :)