Here at Get Away Today we love exploring all Walt Disney World has to offer. From four headlining theme parks, two water parks, an entertainment district, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and countless dining options— we have done it all!
When you plan a Walt Disney World vacation, Get Away Today wants to be your partner in travel and help every step of the way.
Walt Disney World has several different classifications of dining which we’ll discuss here:
- Fine/Signature Dining
- Character Dining
- Table Service
- Quick Service
This article reviews Animal Kingdom’s best places to eat. We also cover the other major theme park eats in these articles:
Below we’ll discuss in detail everything you need to know to decide which Animal Kingdom restaurants are right for you, plus helpful tips on how to book your advance dining reservations.
Best Fine Dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
When you need a fine dining expedition at Animal Kingdom, your tastebuds will be dazzled…
While Tiffins Restaurant stands alone as the only fine dining location at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you won’t be disappointed. Located in Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom Park, international cuisines showcase the true spirit of adventure.
Hike your way through the rustic front doors and stand before an enormous map of the globe, before venturing inside one of 3 elegant dining rooms honoring the spirit of Africa, Asia and some of the world’s most exotic animals.
You’ll also see more lavish artwork—inspired by actual notes and field sketches of the Imagineers who created Disney’s Animal Kingdom park. This hideaway invites you inside for an authentic, warm and inviting meal.
Open for lunch and dinner you’ll delight in some of these mene options:
- Duo of Appetizers (Charred Octopus, Spiced Chickpea Falafel)
- Surf and Turf (South African Braai Spiced Beef Tenderloin, Seared Scallops, Potato Pavé, Grilled Vegetables, Dhania Butter, Cola Demi-Glace)
- Lobster Macaroni & Cheese
- Tropical Trifle (Coconut Panna Cotta, Passion Fruit Tapioca, Caramelized Pineapple, Coconut Crumble, Coconut Tuile)
A full selection of non-alcoholic drinks, tea, coffee, beer and wine are available with your meal.
Best Character Dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Meet up with favorite Disney characters in real life! Dine and enjoy fabulous company as they stroll by for autographs and photos. Note: Current character list subject to change.
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant is like stepping into a vibrant marketplace in a far off land. The Harambe marketplace eatery offers family-friendly surroundings with a family-style menu.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with Donald Duck and his friends, menu highlights include:
- Breakfast fare, freshly baked pastries, fruit and more
- Variety of meats, roasted vegetables, delicious salad and more
- Animal-inspired mini desserts
Best Table Service Dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Table service is defined as any sit down restaurant with a server or a buffet experience. The two categories above (fine dining and character dining) are also included in table service.
However, we will mention a new favorite in this section to give you even more delectable options to consider during your Walt Disney World vacation.
Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Discover exciting pan-Asian cuisine at a quaint village home that’s been transformed into a restaurant. At the base of Expedition Everest you’ll find delicious dishes from various regions across Asia.
Decorated with the proprietor’s collection of Southeast Asian artifacts, this eclectic eatery offers a menu of sweet-and-sour chicken, ahi tuna nachos, pork pot stickers and Kobe beef burgers. Vegetarian options abound, as do kid-friendly choices like cheeseburgers and mac and cheese.
Open for lunch and dinner you can choose from a variety of specialities including noodles & bowls. Some of our favorite offerings include:
- Wonton Soup
- Ahi Tuna Nachos (serves 2)
- Dragon Roll Bowl (Spicy tuna, Dynamite crab, teriyaki salmon, cucumbers, edamame, carrots, mango, tempura crunch over sushi rice)
- Chicken Tikka Masala
And don’t worry kids have their own menu including choices like fresh fruit, cheeseburgers and macaroni & cheese.
Our concierge team works at all hours to snag hard to secure dining reservations like Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table. What’s even better—our service is free when you book a qualified Walt Disney World vacation package with us at Get Away Today.
Best Quick Service Dining at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Fast casual dining means no reservations required! And many of these locations accept mobile orders placed through the My Disney Experience app so your food is ready when you are.
Here are some of our favorite quick bites at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork at Eight Spoon Cafe (Discovery Island)
- St. Louis Rib Dinner served with Beans and Coleslaw (or the Mac & Cheese with pulled pork) at Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Smokehouse Chicken Salad at Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Harambe Salad with Chicken at Harambe Market (Africa)
- Cheeseburger Steamed Pods - Bao Buns (or ANYTHING really) from Satu'li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- Walt's Main Street Fried Chicken Sandwich at Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A.)
There are so many things to eat at Walt Disney World theme parks and Animal Kingdom is full of quick bites and adventurous meals.
We Recommend a Disney’s Animal Kingdom vacation experience…
- 3+ Day Hopper Ticket to devote quality time in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A stay at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge for full immersion
Not only can you see Disney’s Animal Kingdom from select rooms, it is also a deluxe resort, which will give you exclusive perks like Extra Hours on select nights. Please be aware, these hotels are incredibly popular (with good reason) and can sell out early.
A specialist can help you book available experiences, dining and the perfect Disney resort hotel room for your vacation, including a stay near Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Check out Walt Disney World vacation packages or submit a free quote request online. Or, for the quickest service, call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY.