Here at Get Away Today we love exploring all Walt Disney World has to offer. From four headlining theme parks, two water parks, an entertainment district, Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and countless dining options— we have done it all!
Our team visits Walt Disney World on a regular basis to taste-test different sit down restaurants, quick service meals and character dining so your vacation can be the most magical yet!
When you plan a Walt Disney World vacation, Get Away Today wants to be your partner in travel and help every step of the way.
Walt Disney World has several different classifications of dining which we’ll discuss here:
- Fine/Signature Dining
- Character Dining
- Table Service
- Quick Service
This article reviews Magic Kingdom’s best places to eat. We also cover the other major theme park eats in these articles:
Below we’ll discuss in detail everything you need to know to decide which Magic Kingdom restaurants are right for you, plus helpful tips on how to book your advance dining reservations.
Best Fine Dining at Magic Kingdom
Nothing says royalty quite like fine dining at Magic Kingdom. Whether it’s a date night, a girls night or a special family dinner, fine dining at Walt Disney World Resort aims to satisfy all at the table.
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Our first suggestion is the ever popular Cinderella’s Royal Table located in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park. Fairytales come to life from the moment you arrive. You’ll step into the majestic Grand Hall and ascend a spiral staircase to the banquet hall above. Dining takes place in a storybook setting with vibrant medieval flags and stained-glass windows, all overlooking Fantasyland.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner you’ll delight in some of their classic options for breakfast like:
- Caramel Apple-Stuffed French Toast
- Beef Tenderloin and Egg
For lunch and dinner, your three-course meal is inspired by everything you love about fairytales. We always like trying new combinations such as:
- Charcuterie starter
- Magic Carpet Ride (spiced-crusted pork tenderloin and pork Belly with curry couscous, glazed rainbow carrots, and a peppercorn flying carpet)
- The Clock Strikes Twelve chocolate mousse and hazelnut gelato for dessert
- A full childrens’ menu is also available for younger taste buds to enjoy
A full selection of beer, wine and champagne are available with your meal. Get free dining alerts for open reservations at Cinderella’s Royal Table here.
Best Character Dining at Magic Kingdom
Meet up with favorite Disney characters in real life! Dine and enjoy fabulous company as they stroll by for autographs and photos. Note: Current character list subject to change. As of late 2022, Cinderella is the only appearance for this character dining.
The Crystal Palace
The Crystal Palace is a classic option for character dining at Magic Kingdom. Enjoy a Victorian-inspired greenhouse from the late 1800s with light, topiaries and tropical palms—while indulging in an all you can eat buffet.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with Winnie the Pooh and his pals from Hundred Acre-Wood, menu highlights include:
- Breakfast fare, freshly baked pastries, fruit and more
- Roasted carved meats, freshly prepared pastas, delicious salad and more
- Seasonal cobbler, butterscotch pudding, strawberry shortcake and soft-serve ice cream
Best Table Service Dining at Magic Kingdom
Table service is defined as any sit down restaurant with a server or a buffet experience. The two categories above (fine dining and character dining) are also included in table service.
However, we will mention a new favorite in this section to give you even more delectable options to consider during your Walt Disney World vacation.
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Dine in Palatial Splendor in one of three exquisite dining areas ready to immerse you in the mystery and romance of Beauty and the Beast:
- The Grand Ballroom – Go for baroque in this magnificent ballroom with its high, domed ceiling, chandeliers and snow-laced Gothic arches.
- The West Wing – Dine in the Beast’s mysterious West Wing study—if you dare—and perhaps you’ll even spy his enchanted rose.
- The Castle Gallery – Get swept up in the romance of Belle’s private library, and inspired by the larger-than-life figures of Belle and Beast dancing.
Inside, you’ll feast on French-inspired cuisine at the foot of Beast’s Castle in Fantasyland. Although your table location inside the castle isn’t guaranteed, if you have your heart set on a specific spot, you can enter the request when making your reservation and again when you check-in at the restaurant.
Open for lunch and dinner you’ll enjoy a 3-course prix fixe meal fit for royalty. Some of our favorite offerings include:
- French Onion Soup
- Center-cut Filet Mignon
- The dessert trio including the famous grey stuff
And don’t worry, just because it’s French and a little fancy, of course kids have their own menu including choices like fresh fruit and macaroni & cheese. The crowd favorite is always their own version of the dessert trio that comes with a white chocolate ‘Chip’ cup that they can paint with colored frosting.
Our concierge team works at all hours to snag hard to secure dining reservations like Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table. What’s even better—our service is free when you book a qualified Walt Disney World vacation package with us at Get Away Today.
Get free dining alerts for open reservations at Be Our Guest here.
Best Quick Service Dining at Magic Kingdom
Fast casual dining means no reservations required! And many of these locations accept mobile orders placed through the My Disney Experience app so your food is ready when you are.
Here are some of our favorite quick bites at Magic Kingdom:
- Chicken Nachos at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
- Dole Whip at Aloha Isle (Adventureland)
- Binx Pastry Tail cat tail drizzled with chocolate at Cheshire Cafe (Fantasyland)
- Walt's Chili-Cheese All-Beef Foot-long hot dog at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café (Tomorrowland)
- Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken-Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow (Liberty Square)
- Cream Cheese filled pretzel (with a Frozen Coke!) from The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
There are so many things to eat at Walt Disney World theme parks and Magic Kingdom is full of quick bites and leisurely, magical meals.
We Recommend a Magic Kingdom vacation experience…
- 3+ Day Hopper Ticket to devote quality time in Magic Kingdom, the classic castle park
- A stay at one of Magic Kingdom’s closest hotels like:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Not only are these properties the closest to Magic Kingdom, they are all deluxe resorts, which will give you exclusive perks like Extra Hours in Magic Kingdom on select nights. Please be aware, these hotels are incredibly popular (with good reason) and can sell out early.
A specialist can help you book available experiences, dining and the perfect Disney resort hotel room for your vacation, including a stay near Magic Kingdom. Check out Walt Disney World vacation packages or submit a free quote request online. Or, for the quickest service, call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY.
Join the Conversation!Leave A Comment