UPDATED AUGUST 2023. Our Get Away Today team loves exploring all Walt Disney World has to offer. From four headlining theme parks, two splash-tastic water parks, an entertainment district and more than 25 Walt Disney World Resort hotels, we have done it all!
We visit Walt Disney World on a regular basis to check out different attractions, hotels and aspects of the Resort so your vacation can be the most magical yet! When you’re planning a Walt Disney World vacation, Get Away Today is your partner in travel and here to help you every step of the way.
Walt Disney World groups their onsite hotels into four categories:
…but this space is a category all of its own as a Campground Resort.
This article reviews The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. It offers something completely unique with the touches of home mixed with the Disney magic. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort also offers The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
Here we’ll discuss in detail everything you need to know to decide if the Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort are right for you, plus helpful tips on how to book your vacation.
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Snapshot
Tucked away from all the bustle of city life and nestled on 750 acres of pine and cypress forest, this space showcases the timeless beauty of the American frontier.
Settle into your Settler’s paradise at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort where fully-equipped. Each campsite has privacy-enhanced landscaping, water, cable television and electrical hook-ups, a picnic table and a charcoal grill. Most campsites also include a sewer hook-up, and some even allow pets.
- Category: Campground Resort
- Theme: Great Outdoors
- Sleeps up To: Ten guests per site
- Closest To: Magic Kingdom
- Transportation: Water Taxi to Magic Kingdom or bus to other Disney Parks
- Check In/Out Time: 3:00 pm / 11:00 am
- Early Entry: Yes, with valid theme park tickets.
Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Resort Campsites
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort embrace guests with scenic woodland trails, exciting pool areas, rootin’ tootin’ entertainment and hearty country eats. The atmosphere of Fort Wilderness is rustic, yet convenient with a variety of campsites in a stunning scenic setting.
Fort Wilderness Campsites invite you to stay a while. You can even decorate your campsite with personal touches while you’re there. Guests are known to add some decor during the holidays, Halloween time and even football season. And of course, it’s Disney, so guests even decorate their rented golf carts during their stays.
During Halloween and Christmas, there is even an unofficial golf cart parade which is so much fun to catch if you're there. One year our team even spotted a golf cart as an AT-AT from Star Wars which was out of this world!
Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
You can sleep up to ten adults at this campsite, which has space for a pop-up camper or a camper van-type vehicle, and up to 2 tents. There’s even a concrete pad (10’ x 25’) for any equipment you need to set up.
Full Hook-Up Campsite
You can sleep up to ten adults at the Full Hook-Up site, which accommodates an RV plus a tent. This site comes with a concrete pad measuring 10’ x 50’ and sewage hook-up.
With close proximity to the Marina, a Preferred Campsite fits an RV and a tent, allowing up to ten adults onsite. There is a 10’ x 45’ concrete pad at each Preferred site as well as sewage hook-up.
For larger RVs, consider a Premium Campsite. There’s room for up to ten adults to spread out, and it includes a 18’ x 60’ concrete pad and sewage hook-up.
Premium Meadow Campsite
Sleep up to ten adults in a larger RV, with an 18’ x 60’ concrete pad for equipment. Premium Meadow Campsites include sewage hook-ups, and proximity to the Meadow Trading Post, Meadow Recreation Area, Bike Barn and Campfire Area.
Each campsite also comes with:
- One complimentary vehicle parking spot
- Access to wilderness scenic drives (permitted transportation methods include golf cart, bicycle, surrey bike or even a Segway)
- RV Rental options (secured in advance)
- Laundry/Dry-cleaning services
The property itself offers a lot to families, such as walking access to Walt Disney World water taxis, grocery delivery services, the Electrical Water Pageant and more.
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Pools & Amenities
There is much more to explore at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort.This has to be our favorite part of the The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort review; all of the unique amenities and perks you’ll receive when staying here.
Pools at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Explore the onsite pools including:
- Meadow Swimmin’ Pool with a 67-foot-long corkscrew waterslide. Adults are invited to enjoy the serenity of whirlpool spa, while little ones will surely want to splash it up in the adjacent fort-themed water play area—where young buckaroos can breeze down on their own tot-friendly slides.
- Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool is a retreat for all-ages leisure pool with a whirlpool spa, for a more tranquil swim.
Active Play for All Ages
With so much space to run free, it’s no surprise that The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort offers seasonal activities and more. Throughout the year, you can find Movies Under the Stars and Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long.
Fort Wilderness also offers these amenities and activities:
- Fort Wilderness Archery Experience
- Pony rides
- Wagon rides
- Horse Drawn Carriage ride
- Canoe rentals
- Kayak rentals
- Bike rentals
- Basketball courts
- Sand volleyball courts
- Jogging trails
- Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Arcade
- Davy Crockett’s Wilderness Arcade
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
Walt Disney World The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
One of the best parts of a vacation is dining on delicious meals you neither have to prepare or clean up after. Of course you still have the option with your full kitchen set up in your cabin, but there’s plenty of places nearby to retreat to when needed.
- P & J's Southern Takeout for quick service comforts morning, noon and night
- Meadow Snack Bar has fresh salads, tasty sandwiches and light snacks. Top it off with some frozen treats.
- Crockett's Tavern welcomes you to whet your whistle with a drink from the walk-up window beside Pioneer Hall.
- The Chuck Wagon wheels you right to flavor country, courtesy of this culinary camper serving classic fare and savory snacks.
- Trail's End Restaurant where you can feast on a down-home breakfast or dinner—served family-style.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, come on and hightail it to a high-spirited music-and-comedy revue accompanied by a fantastic feast.
We love the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort for the modern conveniences and rustic feel. You’ll love the fresh air, outdoor activities and theme park transportation options.
Book your next Orlando vacation at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and remember that all 2-Night and longer Walt Disney World vacation packages include complimentary concierge services from a Get Away Today travel expert.
We recommend at least a 4-day 1 Park per Day ticket so you can experience one day at each of the main theme parks. If you have less time, we recommend considering a Park Hopper ticket so you can still experience all four parks.
We also recommend the Water Park and Sports Option add-on to visit the nearby Disney’s Blizzard Beach during your stay at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort.
A specialist can help you book available experiences, dining and the perfect Disney resort hotel room for your vacation, including a stay at Fort Wilderness Resort. Check out our Walt Disney World vacation packages online or call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY.