Here at Get Away Today we know time is of the essence when you’re at Walt Disney World. Every minute is ready to unlock magical moments, including the official opening of the parks or what many guests call “rope drop.”
Here at Get Away Today we know time is of the essence when you’re at Walt Disney World. Every minute is ready to unlock magical moments, including the official opening of the parks or what many guests call “rope drop.” Our most savvy travelers know two important things before heading to Walt Disney World:
Walt Disney World Resort Rope Drop Basics
Rope drop is the nickname of the official park opening, when Cast Members remove the rope and welcome guests into the various lands of each theme park. Rope drop happens right at the theme park opening. For example, if Magic Kingdom or EPCOT opens at 8:00 am, guests will be admitted through the main gates and much closer to the various lands about 30 minutes prior to rope drop. Don’t forget—if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel you’ll get even earlier access with Early Entry! Once the park is open, the crowds on Main Street or near Spaceship Earth head out to their desired rides and attractions. With this Disney strategy in place you could literally be among the first guests to ride your favorite rides that day, essentially walking right on! Riding without the longer wait times is a huge draw for guests to wake up early, even while on vacation. So you want to go to rope drop? Here’s a sample itinerary to give you an idea of what that looks like in action:
- Arrive at your Walt Disney World transportation location about 1 hour before the official park opening time, depending on which resort you’re staying at and the travel time to your desired park.
- Arrive at the theme park gates about 30 minutes prior to official opening.
- Walk as close as possible to your desired attraction—up to the rope—and take in the ambiance while you wait.
- A few minutes before, you’ll hear an announcement about park opening, as well as a welcome when the park officially opens.
Walt Disney World Park Rope Drop Favorites
There are so many of the most popular rides at Walt Disney World Park that await your arrival! Depending on your group and interests, you may want to consider which attraction is the best fit to enjoy first. You can also choose different rides to rope drop on different days of your visit, which is another reason we always recommend getting at least a 4-Day park ticket so you can spend time at each of the main theme parks at Walt Disney World.
Get Away Today Staff Recommends These Rope Drop Rides
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park
- Remy's Ratatouille Adventure or Frozen Ever After at EPCOT
- Rise of the Resistance or Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
Book Your Walt Disney World Vacation
Are you ready for the best way to experience Walt Disney World with both Get Away Today savings and Rope Drop strategies? Book early for most availability and the absolute best time at Disney Parks, and we can also help you with last minute savings for your Walt Disney World trip. All of our Walt Disney World vacation packages are available online or by calling 855 GET AWAY.