How to Ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disneyland
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway officially opened to guests at the Disneyland Resort on January 27, 2023. This attraction is just one of the many additions to the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown.
Based on the award-winning Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is the first ride at Disneyland Park that stars Mickey Mouse and friends. But, if you want to ride it, there are a few things to know. We’re sharing everything you need to know about how you can ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disneyland.
Do I have to use a Virtual Queue to ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway?
No, joining a Boarding Groups via the Virtual Queue is no longer in place for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. But you may want to read more about Virtual Queues for other attractions here.
What is Disney Genie+? What are Individual Lightning Lane Selections?
Disney Genie and Disney Genie+ is a new offering at the Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie is a complimentary service in the Disneyland app that can provide you with customized itineraries, forecasted wait times, and more. Disney Genie+ is an add-on cost that gives you access to the Lightning Lane at select attractions, free PhotoPass Downloads and more.
For more detailed information about Disney Genie and Disney Genie+, check out our blog article here.
Essentially, a Lightning Lane gives you quicker access to some of your favorite attractions, much like FastPass and MaxPass did. However, at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, there are select attractions where Disney Genie+ doesn’t apply.
These attractions are called Individual Lightning Lane selections. Since these attractions typically have the longest lines, there is an additional cost if you want to join the Lightning Lane line.
Price for Individual Lightning Lane purchases is per person and can change at any time, even daily during your trip. Individual Lightning Lane selections can be purchased for up to two different attractions each day across the Disneyland Resort, so plan accordingly.
Individual Lightning Lane Selection for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Now that you know what Individual Lightning Lane is, let's move on to how this can help you ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disneyland. Remember, the first option is to join the standby line which we mentioned earlier.
The second option is to purchase the Individual Lightning Lane selection for this attraction. Although it’s an additional cost, it will save you time to be able to do other things throughout the Resort.
No matter what you choose to do, there’s no wrong answer. The most important thing is that you’re going to ride a super fun, family friendly ride featuring Mickey himself at Disneyland!
Can I use both Standby and Individual Lightning Lane for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
Other Tips for Riding Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disneyland
Here are a few tips to enhance your vacation experience at Disneyland when riding Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway:
- Get a multi-day ticket. The more park days you have, the more opportunities you'll have to ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Our top recommendation is our Extra Day Free ticket which gives you five days for the price of a 4-day ticket!
- Get a Park Hopper Ticket. For those who want to ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway multiple times, a Park Hopper ticket gives you the most flexibility during your vacation. Although you’re only able to purchase an individual Lightning Lane selection once per day, you can always use the standby line to to ride it more than once. With a Park Hopper ticket, you can go back and forth between Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park as many times as you’d like. Be sure to check the Disneyland App for current Park Hopper time frames.
- Have a positive attitude. Remember that nothing is guaranteed. Rides can go down, entertainment can be canceled because of weather, AND you can STILL have a great time. Your Disneyland vacation truly is what you make it, and we hope you make it the best ever!
More Mickey Fun at Disneyland
Whether you are able to ride Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disneyland or not, there are still so many ways to celebrate all things Mickey Mouse! Here are some of our favorite must-see Mickey and friends experiences at the Disneyland Resort both inside and outside of Toontown:
- Meet Mickey Mouse- check the Disneyland app for character times and locations, we love meeting Mickey Mouse in Town Square on Main Street.
- Dine with Mickey- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure is character dining featuring Mickey and friends, hosted daily for breakfast and brunch at Storytellers Cafe.
- Snacks - everything tastes better when it’s Mickey-shaped, from soft pretzels to ice cream bars, celebrate Mickey anytime you have a snack.
- Shop- all your favorite Mickey Mouse gear can be found throughout the resort, we love stopping by World of Disney in Downtown Disney.
Booking Your Disneyland Vacation
We are so excited that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is opening at Disneyland! And we are so excited for everything else happening at the Disneyland Resort this year.
From limited-time celebrations, the new-to-many Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park, new entertainment offerings and all of our favorite classic attractions in between, there is SO much to look forward to! If you're planning a trip, we'd love to be part of the process. Book your Disneyland vacation online, or call any of our vacation experts at 855-GET-AWAY.
Join the Conversation!Leave A Comment