UPDATED MAY 2023. When planning your Disneyland Resort vacation, you'll definitely want to make time for Character Dining. Before you reserve your spot for Character Dining, here are 12 things you need to know about Character Dining at Disneyland.
Disneyland Character Dining Reservations
1. They sell out fast. Character Dining at Disneyland is very popular, and part of that reason is the intimate atmosphere.
In order to really get one-on-one time with your favorite characters, Disney limits the amount of reservations they accept for Character Dining time slots. Character Dining at Disneyland can be booked 60 days in advance, and if you're traveling during a busier travel time, you'll want to follow that 60-day guideline.
2. You can make a reservation online or through the Disneyland app. We prefer making reservations via this dining alert link so you can also browse available times for each of your date choices. It helps to be a little bit flexible. Reservations become available 60 days prior to your vacation.
3. You'll need to hold your reservation with a credit card, even if you're planning on using cash or a different card at the time of payment. You won't be charged anything unless you no-show for your reservation. If that happens, you will be charged $10 per person. Cancelation periods vary but will be noted at the time of booking.
4. Kids ages two and under eat for free at Disney Character Dining. Yay! But, like with the park tickets, kids 10 and older will need an adult ticket to attend. Don't worry; it's worth it.
5. You'll want your camera handy at all times. If there's one thing Character Dining is at Disneyland, it's unpredictable in the best possible way. You never know who you'll meet or what crazy antics the characters will be up to.
Which Characters Can You Meet at Character Dining?
6. Not all characters are guaranteed... unless it's "their" restaurant. For example, Goofy will ALWAYS be at Goofy's Kitchen. Minnie will ALWAYS be at Breakfast with Minnie and Friends inside the Plaza Inn on Main Street and Mickey will always be at Mickey's Tales of Adventure Breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe.
7. Mickey Mouse outside of the Parks? The ONLY place Mickey is guaranteed outside of the Parks is Mickey's Tales of Adventure Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
Character Dining Menus
8. Character Dining experiences are all you care to eat and drink. Character Dining at Disneyland is in part so great because everything (except alcoholic beverages) is included. All Character Dining options are currently buffet style, which means you'll be able to eat as much as your heart desires. And with all kinds of food options available, you won't want to stop at a single plate!
Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park Menu
Goofy’s Kitchen Breakfast Menu
Goofy’s Kitchen Dinner Menu
Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Menu
Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Brunch Menu
Disney Princess Adventure Breakfast Menu
Character Dining Options at Disneyland
9. There are four different Character Dining options to choose from at the Disneyland Resort. Breakfast with Minnie & Friends is located inside Disneyland and you'll need a valid theme park admission to get in, even with a dining reservation.
Most of the onsite hotels offer a Character Dining experience as well, so if you don't have a park ticket for your last morning, you could plan a Character Breakfast at one of the hotels to extend that vacation magic just a little bit longer. You can make reservations at the following hotels:
- The Disneyland Hotel Character Dining at Goofy’s Kitchen
- Breakfast 7:00 am - 12:00 pm PT
- Dinner 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm PT
- Goofy’s Kitchen is closed for lunch.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Character Dining Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast at Storytellers Cafe
- Breakfast 7:00 am - 11:25 am PT
- Brunch 11:30 am - 2:00 pm PT
If your dining time overlaps both breakfast and brunch, you can remain in the dining area but will see a slight shift of buffet options during the transition. It’s also important to note that dinner is served at Storytellers Cafe, but it does not include character visits.
- Disney Princess Adventures Breakfast at Napa Rose
- Breakfast 8am - 12pm
Disney Princess Adventures is the longest Character Dining option and takes about 2 hours from start to finish. Please note that Napa Rose is open for dinner but does not include character visits.
10. There's at least one Character Dining choice available almost any time of day. All Character Dining options at Disneyland Resort serve breakfast, but you can also enjoy brunch or dinner at select options if breakfast isn't your thing.
Over in Goofy's Kitchen and Mickey's Tales of Adventure, you'll find breakfast that well extends into lunch hours during most of the year. With items like pizza and fried chicken available, it's easy to call it a lunch. Goofy's Kitchen is the only Character Dining at Disneyland that serves dinner nightly.
11. One of our favorite things about Character Dining at Disneyland is that you can easily view the menu ahead of time. This is perfect if you have children who are picky eaters and are worried about spending money on something they won't enjoy! You can find the menus for each Character Dining location on Disneyland's website or via the official Disneyland app on your phone.
How Much Does Character Dining Cost at Disneyland?
12. It's also important to know that prices fluctuate depending both on the Character Dining you pick and the time of year you are visiting. Typically, the dinner option at Goofy's Kitchen is more expensive while Minnie & Friends and Mickey's Tales of Adventure have currently shown some of the lowest pricing. If you're traveling during peak times (summer, holidays, etc.) you'll likely notice that prices are a bit more as well.
When you see prices listed as a range, it usually indicates childrens pricing at the lower end (ages 3-9) and adult pricing at the higher end (ages 10+). Children 2 and under are free but must be included in the guest count.
Bonus Tip: If you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary or something special, make sure to let the staff know. You can do this when you make your reservation or when you check in. You'll be surprised with a fun treat (usually a cupcake or something similar) decorated for the event. It's just another example of that special Disney magic!
No matter which Character Dining at Disneyland you choose, you're in for an experience that you'll remember forever. Make sure to make Character Dining a part of your Disneyland vacation and book up to 60 days in advance.
If you haven't booked your Disneyland vacation package yet, we'd love to help with that! All of our Disneyland packages can be booked online, or you can call our agents at 855-GET-AWAY.