If you've been trying to decide between a Disney Resort and Disney Cruise Line vacation, you don't have to! Many families choose to enjoy both—and with Get Away Today’s expertise, we can create a custom package just for you! The magical land and sea escape you’ve been dreaming of includes a Walt Disney World Resort stay and a Disney Cruise Line voyage all in one vacation! For those on the west coast, we love adding a Disney Cruise sailing to a Disneyland Resort vacation, too. It’s truly the best of everything Disney has to offer.
Start Here Tips for a Land & Sea Disney Vacation
If you’re just beginning to put together your Land and Sea Vacation this checklist can serve as a guide along the way.
- Let Get Away Today help you book any combination of land and sea vacation with ease! Whether it's Walt Disney World paired with a Royal Caribbean Cruise, a Disney Cruise or a Disneyland trip partnered with a Disney Cruise on the west coast—we have done it all and can help take the hassle out of piecing it together.
- Choose your cruise first since dates and specific sailings are more limited than theme parks. Our cruise experts can be reached at 877-510-2929 for personalized help. Bonus reading: 6 Essential Questions to Ask Before Booking a Cruise.
- Just because you choose your cruise first doesn’t mean it should be first on your itinerary. In fact, we suggest cruising after your Disney theme park experience for two reasons. First, the Walt Disney World portion is much more fast paced than a cruise. Second, having your land portion first ensures you will be near the cruise port and not have any flight issues before your cruise.
- We can help arrange transfers to or from a Walt Disney World Resort to your Disney Cruise Line port. For those on the west coast, we can also help arrange transportation from Disneyland to your cruising port. If you’re flying into Orlando International airport, we also have transportation options to and from the airport.
What Type of Land and Sea Disney Vacations are Available?
The opportunities for building a land and sea vacation are almost endless—and we know how overwhelming vacation planning can be. Since our team visits all the Orlando theme parks on a regular basis and cruises year-round on various cruise lines we have firsthand experience. Here are just a few sample itineraries when considering what type of land and sea vacation you want.
Land and Sea Vacation for Families with Young Children
Younger families often enjoy the ease of navigating around Disneyland Resort and taking a starter 3-night cruise out of Southern California. Disneyland Park is the original Magic Kingdom and boasts many fairytale favorites plus Sleeping Beauty Castle. For this land and sea combination we suggest staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa which is the closest hotel to both theme parks, followed by a 3-night Baja cruise aboard the Disney Magic from San Diego, California. Want to make this itinerary a dream come true? Get started by calling us at 877-510-2929 or browse the latest Disney Cruise Line itineraries here.
Land and Sea Vacation for Families with Teens
Teens are often ready to explore a bit on their own and enjoy mingling with other kids their age. Cruising and exploring multiple theme parks with thrill rides is the perfect way to connect to one another and disconnect from being plugged in at home. For families with teens we suggest spending a day at each of the main theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort so you can hit all the best thrill rides listed here. You can book theme park tickets along with a stay at Caribbean Beach Resort to get you in the cruising mindset before your sailing. Plus, Caribbean Beach has easy access to the Skyliner transportation which is super easy for teens to navigate. When you set sail from Florida there are so many choices for cruising. Families with teens often enjoy Disney Cruise Lines to continue the magic and enjoy ”Vibe” the teen-only space aboard most Disney ships.
Land and Sea Vacation for Multi-Generational Travel
Disney vacations are a favorite family reunion type of destination because so much work is already done for you. And with Get Away Today on your side, booking couldn’t be easier! If you’re inviting aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents and more we recommend a stay at Walt Disney World’s Art of Animation Resort because of the Family Suites that can sleep up to six. Other great hotel options include Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Port Orleans - Riverside, that both include 5th Sleeper rooms that can sleep up to five. However, it’s important to note that when you book with Get Away Today, we can help you make a request for adjoining rooms, or rooms that are next to each other if possible. What’s great about cruising is that each ship has something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Various kids or teen clubs, adult-only areas, entertainment for both families and adults are all available on a variety of ships and cruise lines. For more family-focused fun, we would recommend Disney Cruise Line on any of their ships (Disney Wish, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic or the Disney Wonder.) If you’re looking for a variety of both adult and family-friendly activities, we recommend looking at either Royal Caribbean or Carnival Cruise Line. Both cruise lines recently announced new ships coming in 2023 and 2024, such as the Carnival Jubilee and Royal Caribbean’s, Odyssey of the Seas that we would highly recommend checking out. When you speak to one of our travel agents at 877-510-2929, we can develop a land and sea package, plus send separate quotes out to each household in your family vacation. That way everyone can keep track of their particular budget and spending. And of course, with our low price guarantee, you’re never penalized for booking early. Whether it's Walt Disney World paired with a Royal Caribbean Cruise, a Disney Cruise from Port Canaveral or a Disneyland trip partnered with a Disney Cruise on the west coast—we have done it all and can help take the hassle out of piecing it together.
Book Your Land & Sea Disney Vacation
Want to do a little DIY land and sea planning? We’ve made it easy to price out vacations on your own, too. All current special offers are listed in these two articles:
- How Much is a Walt Disney World Vacation?
- How Much is a Disney Cruise?