Here at Get Away Today we know time is a precious commodity and when you’re at Disneyland, every minute is magical, including the official opening of the parks or what many call “rope drop.” Our most savvy travelers know two important things before heading to Disneyland:
- Disneyland vacation packages from Get Away Today offer the best deals and bundled savings with plenty of Good Neighbor hotels.
- Arriving for rope drop allows you to experience more attractions each morning when crowds tend to be at their lowest.
Disneyland Resort Rope Drop Basics
Rope drop is the nickname of the official park opening, when Cast Members remove the rope and welcome guests into the various lands of the theme park. Rope drop happens right at the theme park opening. For example, if Disneyland Park opens at 8:00 am, guests will be admitted through the main gates and much closer to the various lands about 30 minutes prior to rope drop. Once the park is open, the crowds on Main Street or Buena Vista Street disperse to their desired rides and attractions. With this Disney strategy in place you could literally be among the first guests to ride your favorite rides that day, essentially walking right on! Riding without the longer wait times is a huge draw for guests to wake up early, even while on vacation. So you want to go to rope drop? Here’s a sample itinerary to give you an idea of what that looks like in action:
- Arrive at parking and/or security screening about 1 hour before the official park opening time.
- Arrive at the theme park gates about 30 minutes prior to official opening.
- Walk as close as possible to your desired attraction—up to the rope—and take in the ambiance while you wait.
- A few minutes before, you’ll hear an announcement about park opening, as well as a welcome when the park officially opens.
Disneyland Park Rope Drop Tips
Some of the most popular rides to rope drop at Disneyland Park include:
- Space Mountain
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
California Adventure Park Rope Drop Tips
Some of the most popular rides to rope drop at California Adventure Park include:
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Radiator Springs Racers
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Book Your Disneyland Vacation
Are you ready for the best way to experience Disneyland with both Get Away Today savings and Rope Drop strategies? Book early for most availability and the absolute best time at Disney Parks, and we can also help you with last minute savings for your Disneyland trip. All of our Disneyland vacation packages are available online or by calling 855-GET-AWAY.