Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review
Universal Orlando Resort has so many fantastic on-property hotels to choose from. Take advantage of their convenient location so you have more time to spend in the theme parks. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort features 50s and 60s themed rooms that add to your overall Universal Orlando experience.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review - Rooms
With colorful rooms embellished with throw-back decor, Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a fun and inviting place to call home during your Universal Orlando Resort vacation. When you book as a Get Away Today guest, you can enjoy 2 Queen beds in a 300 square feet Standard Room. Cabana Bay rooms feature lots of light and color, and the bathroom has a separate vanity area to allow for more convenience when getting ready for the day. There is also a tub/shower combo, making it easier to get little ones bathed before bed.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review - Amenities
Did you know that when you stay at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel, you are eligible for some incredible benefits? First, we’ll share the amenities at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, and then we’ll get into everything you can take advantage of in the theme parks.
Cabana Bay Beach Resort amenities include activities for kids, pools, an arcade and so much more.
- Loews Loves Kids Programs: This service provides books and toys for families to rent while staying at a Universal Resort hotel. Take advantage of the kids’ camp for babysitting services where little ones ages 4 - 14 can participate in crafts, games and more.
- Sand Beach Swimming Pools: There are two pools onsite at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, with a water slide, Cabana rentals, a lazy river and even outdoor billiard tables. You can also play a game of outdoor chess or checkers, sit back and relax by the fire pit and have a picnic at the open tables provided.
- Galaxy Bowl: In the main lobby you’ll find a ten-lane bowling alley and table-service restaurant.
- Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio: Get your sweat on in the complimentary fitness studio onsite. The center is located on the second floor of the lobby, and it offers weights and cardio equipment for guests. It’s typically open from 5 a.m. to midnight.
- Game-O-Rama: Aim for the high score at the arcade located at Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
- Mandara Spa: In neighboring Loews Portofino Resort you’ll find Mandara Spa. As a guest at Cabana Bay, you’re invited to book and enjoy services at Mandara.
There are exclusive theme park benefits when you include a Universal Resort Hotel in your Get Away Today vacation package. IN addition to savings when you bungle, you enjoy the following:
- Early admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Early admission to select attractions in Universal’s Volcano Bay water park.
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card.
- Complimentary merchandise delivery from the theme parks to your room.
- Complimentary access to select entertainment in Universal’s CityWalk, as well as priority seating in select venues.
- Free wake-up calls from Universal characters.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review - Dining
If you’d like to enjoy a meal at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, you have a few options from which to choose. Whether you’d like a sit-down experience or quick-service, you’ll find it at this Universal Orlando Resort Hotel.
- Bayliner Diner: Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner options, the Bayliner is a one-stop-shop. With food court style options, you can choose from a variety of cuisine, including sandwiches, pizza, bakery items, pasta, burgers and more.
- The Galaxy Bowl Restaurant: If you get hungry while bowling, grab a bite at the Galaxy Bowl Restaurant. With casual, table dining you can order a snack or a meal. Menu items include burgers, pizza, chicken wings and specialty cocktails.
- The Hideaway Bar + Grille: Located in the Lazy River Courtyard, you can grab something to eat poolside at the Hideaway Bar. Lunch and dinner menus are available, as well as cocktails. Island-inspired eats such as salads, hot dogs, fish tacos and wraps are some of the dishes you can purchase.
- Starbucks: Grab a quick to-go coffee or snack from the Starbucks located in the hotel lobby.
- Delizioso Pizza: This pizzeria delivers right to your room or other areas of the hotel during select hours.
- Atomic Tonic: Located at the Cabana Courtyard Pool, Atomic Tonic offers refreshing beverages. Browse non-alcoholic as well as alcoholic drinks that pair well with the wraps, salads, kabobs and desserts also available.
- Swizzle Lounge: Grab a signature cocktail in this retro bar in the hotel lobby.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review - Location
As mentioned before, Cabana Bay Beach Resort is located across the street from Universal Orlando Resort. When you book with Get Away Today, you’ll be treated to complimentary theme park transportation in the form of water taxi and/or shuttle. From your hotel to the parks, you’ll waste no time getting there!
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is located about 16 miles from Orlando International Airport and just 15 miles from Kissimmee Gateway Airport. Nearby you’ll find restaurants, shopping and more to complement your Universal Orlando Resort vacation.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort Review - Overview
Here at Get Away Today, we’re thrilled to partner with a property that has so much to offer to our guests. We love the retro 50s and 60s theming of Cabana Bay Beach Resort, and the attention to detail given to the two outdoor pools. With so many dining options and complimentary theme park transportation, this Universal Orlando Resort Hotel offers convenience for those traveling to Orlando.