By now you may have a good idea of which Wizarding World of Harry Potter you’d like to visit, or maybe you’re looking to visit the second location.
But we want to share some of the nitty gritty details of the Harry Potter differences between California and Florida. Many of these you may not even notice, but any hardcore fan will appreciate the subtle and not-so-subtle differences.
- Both Hogwarts Castles are identical but each have their own setting.
- In Florida you access Hogwarts from two areas; one by crossing a bridge from the outside near Jurassic Park, or inside after wandering through Hogsmeade.
- In California, you get to Hogwarts by passing through the Forbidden Forest outside of Hogsmeade. You can even see the remnants of Mr. Weasley's muggle car after its encounter with the Whomping Willow.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is an intense attraction in Florida, but the one on the west coast is even more intense because it is the same attraction, but in 3D and HD.
- The actual seats on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in Florida feature different sizes, only allowing larger (regular adult sized riders) to use select seats. In California, they adjusted the seats to all be the "larger" size so that they will all accommodate more riders.
moves revealing one of two wand ceremony rooms. You would never know that there are any rooms, let alone two!
Are you looking for even more differences between each coast? Keep reading because we have got them!
- In Florida, both the Frog Choir and the TriWizard Spirit Rally were added after the plans were completed for the park. Because of the shows' success on the east coast, the shows were part of original plans for the California park, and a stage to highlight the live entertainment was built. In Florida, the shows take place on the street level.
- The Flight of the Hippogriff in California has individual lap bars while the one in Florida has one lap bar for the entire car. The California version also has two more seats per train, which is great news for those waiting in line in Hollywood.
- There are two Ollivanders locations in Florida; one on the Hogsmeade side and one on the Diagon Alley side. In California there is only one Ollivanders, but it is an extra special one that has two showrooms. Guests enter in one main area lined with wand boxes. Once everyone is gathered in, a panel in the room moves revealing one of two wand ceremony rooms. You would never know that there are any rooms, let alone two!
No matter which coast you decide to visit, know that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will completely transport you from muggle to magic. Our agents would love to help you plan your Universal Studios vacation whether you're visiting Florida or California. You can book you Florida or California vacation online or call our agents at 855-GET-AWAY.