UPDATED JULY 2023. Walt Disney World Resort is home to four amazing parks, two water parks, a shopping district, plenty of themed hotels, numerous activities, and wonderful food. Oh yes, the food matches the Disney experience in every way! There is so much of it, that it is impossible to try everything but we certainly try!
Our team visits Walt Disney World on a regular basis to taste-test different sit down restaurants, quick service meals and character dining so your vacation can be the most magical yet!
Walt Disney World has several different classifications of dining:
Walt Disney World Resort: Best Cheap Eats
In this article we’ll focus mostly on quick service dining to help you choose delicious places to eat at Walt Disney World while getting the most for your dollar. Plus, don’t forget to check out how a Dining Plan could also save you money on your trip.
Best Cheap Eats at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
It’s easy to work up an appetite after exploring Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Most of these locations accept mobile orders placed through the My Disney Experience app which makes it even more convenient.
Here are some of our favorite cheaper meals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork at Eight Spoon Cafe (Discovery Island)
- St. Louis Rib Dinner served with Beans and Coleslaw (or the Mac & Cheese with pulled pork) at Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Smokehouse Chicken Salad at Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island)
- Harambe Salad with Chicken at Harambe Market (Africa)
- Cheeseburger Steamed Pods - Bao Buns from Satu'li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar)
- Walt's Main Street Fried Chicken Sandwich at Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Don’t forget to see our full Animal Kingdom dining guide here
There are so many things to eat at Walt Disney World theme parks and Animal Kingdom is full of quick bites and adventurous meals.
Best Cheap Eats at EPCOT
EPCOT is the best place to snack your way around the world. Especially during seasonal festivals like EPCOT’s Food & Wine Festival.
Here are some of our affordable bites at EPCOT:
- School Bread Sweet Roll filled with Custard and dipped in Coconut (Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe | World Showcase | Norway Pavilion)
- Fish and Chips (Yorkshire County Fish Shop | World Showcase | United Kingdom)
- Taco Trio (La Cantina de San Angel | World Showcase | Mexico)
- Traditional Poutine French Fries smothered in Gravy and topped with Cheese Curds (Refreshment Port | World Showcase | near Canada)
- Macaron Lime Raspberry plus one of every pastry on the menu (Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie | World Showcase | France Pavilion)
- Kakigōri Japanese shaved ice available in Rainbow, Strawberry, Melon, Cherry, Tangerine or Blue Raspberry (Kabuki Cafe | EPCOT’s World Showcase | Japan)
- Maple Popcorn (EPCOT’s World Showcase | Canada)
- Chicken Pot Stickers (Lotus Blossom Cafe | World Showcase | China)
- Don’t forget to see our full EPCOT dining guide here
There are so many favorite things to eat at Walt Disney World theme parks but EPCOT is truly a foodie’s dream. When the Disney dining plan and snack credits are in place, it’s the best place to spend your time!
Best Quick Service Dining at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Fast casual dining means no reservations required! And many of these locations accept mobile orders placed through the My Disney Experience app so your food is ready when you are.
Here are some of our favorite quick bites at Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich at ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane)
- Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Burger at Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
- Bavarian Pretzel with Beer-Cheese Fondue at BaseLine Tap House (Grand Avenue)
- Foodie Favorites at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Funnel Cake at Epic Eats (Echo Lake)
- Truffle Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog at Fairfax Fare (Sunset Boulevard)
- Totchos Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and queso at Woody’s Lunch Box (Toy Story Land)
- Don’t forget to see our full Hollywood Studios dining guide here
Disney’s Hollywood Studios continues to evolve and add new menus throughout the year.
Best Cheap Eats at Magic Kingdom
Almost everyone who goes to Walt Disney World finds themselves at Magic Kingdom, so having something to eat on a budget here is a must.
For delicious dining at Magic Kingdom that won’t break the bank, consider these tasty options:
- Chicken Nachos at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Frontierland)
- Dole Whip at Aloha Isle (Adventureland)
- Hot dogs at Casey’s Corner with views of Cinderella Castle (Main Street, U.S.A.)
- Binx Pastry Tail cat tail drizzled with chocolate at Cheshire Cafe (Fantasyland)
- Walt's Chili-Cheese All-Beef Foot-long hot dog at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café (Tomorrowland)
- Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken-Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow (Liberty Square)
- Cream Cheese filled pretzel from The Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland)
- Don’t forget to see our full Magic Kingdom dining guide here
Best Cheap Eats Character Dining
Dining with characters roaming around is always a delight! At Walt Disney World not all character dining options are created equal—or priced equal for that matter!
- Chef Mickey’s inside Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Now through February 28, this restaurant offers family-style dining. The buffet experience will return on March 1, 2023.
- Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends at Topolino’s Terrace inside Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast at Garden Grill Restaurant in EPCOT
- Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe inside Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney Junior Play n' Dine – Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Best Cheap Eats Bonus Tips
We also love adding up the savings wherever we can. Here are just a few ways we like to save in addition to saving while dining at some of the place listed above:
- No matter what resort you stay at on property, you may consider purchasing a refillable mug for soda, juice, coffee and hot chocolate. We love to take advantage of the hot chocolate to start off our mornings.
- There are so many incredible value hotels at Walt Disney World Resort, we like Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
- Consider placing a grocery order for snacks or grab and go breakfast options.
When the savings add up it’s easier to enjoy a splurge here and there. But one thing you don’t have to splurge on is Get Away Today’s trusted customer service. Our specialists are standing by to help you book available experiences, dining and the perfect Disney resort hotel room for your vacation. Check out our Walt Disney World vacation packages online or call an agent at 855-GET-AWAY.