This year, Halloween Time at Disneyland is better than ever. The ghoulish decor, spooky fun and decadent treats can now be enjoyed in Disney California Adventure for the first time. That adds even more to see and do during the popular fall season!
We know you don't want to miss a chance at some "ear"ie photos, so we've compiled a Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist. Find out our top picks for the best Halloween photos below and make sure to let us know your favorite in the comments.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist: Disneyland Park
- Disneyland entrance. You don't even have to step foot into Disneyland Park to witness the magic of Halloween! Giant pumpkins shaped to resemble the Fab Five (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto) sit above the Disneyland entrance gates. You'll want to snap a picture during the day and again at night, when the pumpkins glow for all to see.
- The Mickey pumpkin. The giant Mickey pumpkin on Main Street, U.S.A. is a Halloween Time staple. In fact, it may be our favorite location this Halloween Time at Disneyland. The lines for this photo-op can get long, so we recommend visiting as soon as you enter the park.
- Mickey and friends in costume. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and more of your favorite characters will be donning new garb for Halloween Time at Disneyland. You'll want to take a picture with each character to commemorate the festive season.
- Dia de los Muertos in Frontierland. The Dia de los Muertos display in Frontierland is too beautiful not to photograph. With extraordinary art and colorful customs at every turn, you'll want to be sure to get your whole family in on this shot!
- Jack and Sally outside Haunted Mansion. The classic characters from Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas are not to be missed. You'll find Jack Skellington and his love Sally near Haunted Mansion or in New Orleans Square. Have your autograph book and camera ready when you meet this creepily cute couple.
- The Haunted Mansion Holiday entrance. Speaking of the Haunted Mansion, you won't want to miss Haunted Mansion Holiday. Jack and his friends have taken over the Haunted Mansion to celebrate a whimsical and haunting Christmas season. You'll notice new decor both inside and out, so make sure to check this location off your Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist.
- The Halloween Tree in Frontierland. You can't miss this tribute to Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree. The tree can be found in Frontierland, adorned with lights and pumpkins along its branches. Don't forget to snap a picture during the day and at night, when the tree comes to life with a warm glow.
- Your favorite wicked villains. If you love Disney villains, Halloween Time is the perfect time to visit. You'll be able to see favorites like Captain Hook, Cruella De Vil, Dr. Facilier, Jafar, The Queen and Queen of Hearts. Keep your camera ready and check the Disneyland app for all character meet and greet times. You won't want to miss a single dastardly opportunity!
- Riding Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy is a popular part of Halloween Time at Disneyland. The thrilling ride adds a whole new level of terror, with ghastly ghosts chasing you through the dark. This ride can be scary for some, but if you're brave enough to ride be prepared to pose. You won't want to miss the PhotoPass opportunity that can be added to your Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist: Disney California Adventure
- Oogie Boogie at Disney California Adventure's entrance. Oogie Boogie is the reason Halloween has come to Disney California Adventure. He's demanded that Halloween lasts forever and is keeping watch at the entrance gate. You won't want to miss a picture in front of his looming silhouette.
- Headless Horseman Statue. The Headless Horseman has long been a Disney favorite, ever since he rode in his first parade during Mickey's Halloween Party. Whether you'll be attending the party or not, you'll want to snap a picture next to this 10-foot-tall statue in Carthay Circle at the end of Buena Vista Street.
- Batty Carthay Circle Theater. You can't have Halloween without a few bats. Luckily, you'll be able to find several batty friends throughout Disney California Adventure this Halloween Time. However, the bats flying around Carthay Circle Theater are the ones on our Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist.
- Mickey and friends in costume. Mickey and friends are appearing in brand-new costumes along Buena Vista Street during Halloween Time. You'll want to capture a picture with Mickey as a bat, Goofy as a ghost, Daisy as a witch, Minnie as a gypsy and more. You'll love the way their costumes are incorporated with their classic attire!
- Radiator Screams. Cars Land has always been one of our favorite parts of Disney California Adventure. Just for Halloween, Radiator Springs will be transformed into Radiator Screams. New decor and ride overlays are just a few of the reasons we can't leave Radiator Screams off our Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist. Make sure to capture a picture during the day and again at night. You won't want to miss the ghoulish lights!
- Mater and Lightning McQueen dressed up. While you're in Radiator Screams, take some time to meet Mater and Lightning McQueen. Both are ready for the Halloween season, with brand-new Halloween costumes. You'll want to take a picture with Mater as a vampire and Lightning McQueen as a super hero. Make sure to get the entire family in on these fun photos.
- Tree of Life at Plaza de la Familia. Don't forget to visit the Plaza de la Familia this season. The plaza will be near Paradise Gardens on Paradise Pier. It features a Tree of Life display that you can't miss on your Halloween Time at Disneyland Photo Checklist. The plaza celebrates the idea of family and upcoming Coco movie from Disney Pixar. Take some time to enjoy the music and capture a few pictures of your family dancing and laughing.
With so many "boo"tiful things to see, you don't want to miss Halloween Time at Disneyland this year! There's still time to book your vacation to the Happiest Place on Earth this fall. You don't have to worry about being spooked with our discount Disneyland tickets and reduced hotel rates. Book online or give our travel experts a call at 855-GET-AWAY.