This is Halloween, this is Halloween, everybody scream! You'll be screaming from delight, not fright, when you visit the Disneyland Resort from now until October 31st. Ride overlays, seasonal decor and new food are offered during this time. On top of that, Disneyland closes early on select nights for Mickey's Halloween Party, where trick-or-treating and exclusive entertainment occur.
All 2017 Mickey's Halloween Party dates have sold out. If you weren't able to get them before that happened or didn't want to spend the extra money, don't worry. You can still have a great time without attending! How? We have some ideas, both within Disney California Adventure and outside of the park.
Just remember that if you choose to have your own party in Disney California Adventure, you need to have a Park Hopper ticket or already be in that park for the day with a 1-Park per Day ticket. Now, let's look at all the fun you can have even if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets!
13 Things to Do if You Don't Have Mickey's Halloween Party Tickets
1. Explore Radiator Screams. For the first time ever, Cars Land in Disney California Adventure will be decked out for the scary season. Radiator Springs has become Radiator Screams and is a sight you don't want to miss. From traffic cone jack-o-lanterns to spidery touches, the town is ready for Halloween. With so many frightfully fun changes, you could spend your entire evening exploring here.
2. Try the ghoulishly delightful Halloween Time treats. You can find a variety of Halloween Time treats throughout Disney California Adventure. If you're looking for something sweet, try the Pumpkin Churros and Spoke-y Cone Macaron from Cars Land or Bat Wing Sundae from Clarabelle's on Buena Vista Street. You'll also find savory and filling Halloween food throughout Pacific Wharf and Paradise Pier. Taste testing all the delicious seasonal treats is one of our favorite ways to spend an evening if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets.
3. Pose with your favorite characters in their Halloween costumes. Just like the characters in Disneyland, you'll be able to find characters dressed up for Halloween in Disney California Adventure. While in Radiator Screams, you'll be treated to Mater, Lightning McQueen, Red the Fire Truck and more dressed in their frightful best. On Buena Vista Street, you can find Goofy, Minnie, Mickey and Daisy in ghoulish garb. Make sure to have your camera ready for a spooky spotlight!
4. Ride Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween and Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree. Not only is Radiator Screams decorated for the spooky season, but they also have two new brand ride overlays. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters has become Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is now Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree. Both rides are fun for the whole family and perfect to add to your to-do list if you don't have Mickey's Halloween party tickets.
5. Be dazzled by Paint the Night Parade. Having your own party in Disney California Adventure is the perfect opportunity to watch the newly extended Paint The Night Prade. The nighttime spectacular is amazing. With exciting floats, music, and character interaction, it will be sure to take your breath away. You'll want to line up early or book a dining package that includes seating to make sure you get the best view.
6. Try a new restaurant in Disney California Adventure. Speaking of dining packages, why not try a new restaurant if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets? Disney California Adventure offers dining experiences for every budget. For a fancier meal, try Carthay Circle Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria. Or, if you're looking for deliciously famous lobster nachos and creative cocktails, try the Cove Bar on Paradise Pier. The numerous quick service restaurants throughout the park also offer unique foods that you may have not tried before. Many of the restaurants are even offering specialty Halloween menu items just for the season. Deciding on trying something new won't be hard, but deciding which restaurant to try may be!
7. Ride Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark. Disney announced this ride overlay just days before the Halloween fun began on September 15th. The ride overlay is unique as it only occurs at night, while the normal ride sequence takes place during the day. FastPasses begin to be distributed for the after dark version at 3 pm each day. You'll want to grab them quick as they usually run out within the first 20 minutes.
If you don't have a FastPass, you'll still be able to ride - just be prepared for a longer wait. Once the announced time hits (typically 5 or 6 pm), you'll be able to help Rocket go back and save Baby Groot, who was left behind during the Mission: BREAKOUT! experience. Keep an eye out for some escaped monsters and you may just survive the wild after dark version.
8. Dine with the characters at Goofy's Kitchen. This option is perfect if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets and aren't planning on spending the evening in Disney California Adventure. Goofy's Kitchen is the only Character Dining experience that offers dinner and is located in the Disneyland Hotel. No park admission is required to feast with Goofy and his friends. Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance and are highly recommended. Save on your Character Dining vouchers by clicking here.
9. Wander through Downtown Disney. Another option for those who don't want to spend a Halloween Party evening in Disney California Adventure is Downtown Disney. The district is still part of the Disneyland Resort, so you won't feel like you've left the magic. Shopping, entertainment and dining are all offered throughout Downtown Disney, including a giant World of Disney store. You won't have a hard time spending a few hours wandering through the magic here!
10. Be thrilled at the Medieval Times or Pirate's Dinner Adventure. Have you ever wanted to dine with medieval knights or swashbuckling pirates? You can fulfill those dreams if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets. Feast on a four-course meal as you watch a tourney of knights at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. Or, enjoy a three-course meal among a battle for the world's riches at the Pirate's Dinner Adventure. These thrilling dining experiences are only a few miles away from the Disneyland Resort. No matter which you choose, we're sure your family will be talking about it for weeks afterwards.
11. Try out a virtual reality experience. The Void at Downtown Disney offers the coolest experience for Star Wars fans. You can fight for the Resistance and delve into the galactic world yourself at this new virtual reality experience. There's even been talk about a new Wreck-It Ralph virtual reality experience coming - we'll keep you updated with whether or not that will be available during Halloween Time.
12. Dine and play in Anaheim GardenWalk. Another fun place to spend a Halloween Party night is the Anaheim GardenWalk. The area is filled with restaurants, shops and unique entertainment. You can sing along at a cabaret, test your brain with an escape room or bowl the night away. Try a shake at Johnny Rockets or enjoy all kinds of shrimp at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co..
13. Swim the night away at your hotel. Lastly, you can always spend an evening at your hotel if you don't have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets. Your family will probably even enjoy the chance to take a break and rest their feet while they splash around. If you need help deciding on a hotel with the best pool, make sure to give us a call or even ask below. We even partner with hotels that have their own water play areas, like the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance, Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel and more.
Bonus tip: If the Halloween Party falls on a Friday night, take the opportunity to get a good night's rest. By heading to bed a little bit earlier, your family will be well-rested for the Magic Morning on Saturday. When you book your tickets with Get Away Today, you automatically get one Magic Morning to the Disneyland Park for every 3-day or longer ticket. You'll be glad for the extra sleep when you arrive bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to enter the park before the general public! Another great idea is to bring your own Halloween candy and have your own party whether it's in Disney California Adventure or not.
There's still time to book your Disneyland Halloween vacation with Get Away Today. Our discount Disneyland tickets, Free Night hotel specials and expert tips make it a no-brainer. Your family, and your wallet, will thank you for it. Book any of our Disneyland packages online or give our agents a call at 855-GET-AWAY.