Halloween Time and the Oogie Boogie Bash 2019
Today Disney made two huge announcements. First, Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will be taking place September 6 - October 31, 2019. Second, Disney announced a brand new Halloween party coming to the Disneyland Resort. We are so excited! And we're sure you have questions. We've answered all of your questions about the Oogie Boogie Bash below. If we missed anything, let us know and we'll add it to the article.
What is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash - A Disney Halloween Party is just that, an incredible Halloween party. It is a private event on select nights that requires a separate ticket. The ticket includes evening theme park admission, including access to attractions, and exclusive entertainment and activity options.
Will the Oogie Boogie Bash replace Mickey's Halloween Party?
Yes. If you have previously attended Mickey's Halloween Party, be aware that the Oogie Boogie Bash will replace this event. There will not be a separate Halloween Party inside Disneyland. However, classic Halloween Time events and attractions will take place per usual throughout the resort.
Where is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held at Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort. Your ticket includes access to the park three hours before the party begins. Most nights, the party begins at 6pm, which means if you have a party ticket, you can get into Disney California Adventure Park as early as 3pm. On select nights, including Sundays and October 29 and 31, you can get into the park up to four hours early with a party ticket.
Remember, although Disney California Adventure Park will be closing at 6pm to guests not attending the Oogie Boogie Bash, Disneyland Park will remain open to those who have a Park Hopper ticket. Additionally, Downtown Disney and the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort Hotels will also remain open later to accommodate guests who do not have a party ticket and may or may not have a Park Hopper ticket.
When is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held on Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday nights, beginning on September 17 and culminating on Halloween night, October 31, 2019.
How long is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The actual party begins at 6pm and continues until 11pm PT. However, you can get into Disney California Adventure at least three hours prior to the party beginning. On Sundays and October 29 and 31, you can get into the park four hours early. That's either eight or nine full hours of Disney Halloween fun.
What exclusives are part at the Oogie Boogie Bash?
This is the most exciting part of all. The Oogie Boogie Bash has so many new and exclusive offerings available at the party. Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- "Villianous!" - This is an all-new nighttime show that takes the place of World of Color on Oogie Boogie Bash nights. It will use the same fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects to bring a whole new spooky story featuring Disney's most dastardly villains.
- DescenDance - An all new dance party featuring the infamous "Descendants" from the Disney Channel will take place during the party at the Backlot in Hollywood Land. Here you'll learn some cool new moves to songs from the "Descendants" films.
- "Frightfully Fun Parade" - This hit parade from Mickey's Halloween Party has now found a new home at Disney California Adventure Park as part of the Oogie Boogie Bash. The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the parade followed by Mickey and Minnie, Disney villains and much more. It's a frightfully good time!
- Mickey's Trick or Treat show - This all-new show is perfect for the tiniest trick-or-treaters and is held inside the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. It is interactive and candy is involved. What's not to love?
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - If you think you know this woodsy area of Disney California Adventure Park, think again. It will be completely transformed into a Halloween dreamland with colors, sounds, lights and shadows
- Immersive Treat Trails - No Halloween party is complete without trick-or-treating and the Oogie Boogie Bash takes it to the next level. Not only will you find giant caldrons full of treats, you will be greeted by iconic characters like the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and Oogie Boogie himself - it is his party after all.
- Character encounters - Not only will the villains be out in scores, you'll also find some of your favorite classic Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best. You'll want to have your camera ready to say "cheese!"
What rides are open during Oogie Boogie Bash?
Most of the attractions at Disney California Adventure Park will be open for the party if they are also open during the day. However, there's one attraction that is only open at night during Halloween Time and only at Disney California Adventure Park. Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark is coming back this year and will be part of Oogie Boogie Bash. It will also be included as part of the regular Halloween Time during non-party nights.
In addition to Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark, Cars Land will become the town of Radiator Screams. The Oogie Boogie Bash is a great time to ride Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween and Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree, as well as your favorite DCA attractions.
How much are tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Pricing for the Oogie Boogie Bash varies depending on the date. Ticket prices start at $110 and go up to $145. The closer you get to Halloween, the more likely you are to pay the $145 price. Annual Passholders can get a $10 discount on four of the earliest party dates, but other than that, there are no discounts. Adults and children ages 3-9 all pay the same price. Tickets are not required for guests who are two or younger.
How do I get tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Tickets go on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on April 23, 2019. Ticket sales open to the general public on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Will tickets sell out for Oogie Boogie Bash?
It's highly likely that tickets will sell out. In the past, Mickey's Halloween Party always sold out. This is an all-new event with so many exclusive offerings, that people are excited. Additionally, this is the first year that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be open during Halloween Time, which will likely bring more people overall to the Disneyland Resort. Many of them will likely want to enjoy this exclusive party. This is the earliest that Halloween party tickets have ever been released, so we don't know how quickly they will go. However, if you know you want to attend, we recommend getting your tickets as soon as you know you are going.
Can I wear a costume to the Oogie Boogie Bash?
Disney has not yet released information about that, but as of right now, since this is replacing Mickey's Halloween Party, all signs point to yes. Keep in mind that there are costume guidelines that must be followed. No masks, no posing as actual Disney characters, no capes, etc. We will post costume guidelines and information as soon as it's released.
How do I book my Halloween Time vacation?
I'm so glad you asked. We would LOVE to help you book your Disneyland vacation for Halloween Time. By booking early you will be able to lock-in your ticket pricing, plus guarantee availability at your first hotel choice. We can help you online or over the phone at 855-GET-AWAY. Either way, you're in for a spook-tacular time!