Halloween Time and the Oogie Boogie Bash 2019
One of the most popular times of year is here! Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort will be taking place September 6 - October 31, 2019. Additionally, a brand new Halloween party is coming to the Disneyland Resort in mid-September. We are so excited! And we're sure you have questions. We've answered all of your questions about the Oogie Boogie Bash below. If we missed anything, let us know and we'll add it to the article.
What is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash - A Disney Halloween Party is just that, an incredible Halloween party that only Disney can throw. It is a private event on select nights that requires a separate ticket. The ticket includes evening theme park admission, including access to attractions, exclusive entertainment and activity options.
Will the Oogie Boogie Bash replace Mickey's Halloween Party?
Yes. If you have previously attended Mickey's Halloween Party, be aware that the Oogie Boogie Bash will replace this event. There will not be a separate Halloween Party inside Disneyland. However, classic Halloween Time events and attractions will take place as usual throughout the resort. In fact, Halloween Screams, which used to be exclusive to Mickey's Halloween Party, is now going to be part of Disneyland's nighttime line up and will be available to all guests in the park. Fireworks will be part of the show on most weekend nights through Halloween Time, and the other nights will feature the music, projections and other special effects without fireworks.
Where is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held at Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort. Your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket includes access to the park three hours before the party begins. Most nights, the party begins at 6pm, which means if you have a party ticket, you can get into Disney California Adventure Park as early as 3pm. On select nights, including Sundays and October 29 and 31, you can get into the park up to four hours early with a party ticket.
Remember, although Disney California Adventure Park will be closing at 6pm to guests not attending the Oogie Boogie Bash, Disneyland Park will remain open to those who have a Park Hopper ticket. Additionally, Downtown Disney and the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort Hotels will also remain open later to accommodate guests who do not have a party ticket and may or may not have a Park Hopper ticket.
When is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held on Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday nights, beginning on September 17 and culminating on Halloween night, October 31, 2019.
How long is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The actual party begins at 6pm and continues until 11pm PT. However, you can get into Disney California Adventure at least three hours prior to the party beginning. On Sundays and October 29 and 31, you can get into the park four hours early. That's either eight or nine full hours of Disney Halloween fun.
What exclusives are part at the Oogie Boogie Bash?
This is the most exciting part of all. The Oogie Boogie Bash has so many new and exclusive offerings available at the party. Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- "Villainous!" - This is an all-new nighttime show that takes the place of World of Color on Oogie Boogie Bash nights. It will use the same fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects to bring a whole new spooky story featuring Disney's most dastardly villains. And better yet, because attendance is limited at the Oogie Boogie Bash, party guests won't need a FastPass to watch this special version of World of Color.
- DescenDance - An all new dance party featuring the infamous "Descendants" from the Disney Channel will take place during the party at the Backlot in Hollywoodland. Here you'll learn some cool new moves to songs from the "Descendants" films.
- "Frightfully Fun Parade" - This hit parade from Mickey's Halloween Party has now found a new home at Disney California Adventure Park as part of the Oogie Boogie Bash. The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the parade followed by Mickey and Minnie, Disney villains and much more. It's a frightfully good time!
- Mickey's Trick & Treat show - This all-new show is perfect for the tiniest trick-or-treaters and is held inside the Disney Theater in Hollywoodland. It is interactive and candy is involved. What's not to love?
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - If you think you know this woodsy area of Disney California Adventure Park, think again. It will be completely transformed into a Halloween dreamland with colors, sounds, lights and shadows
- Immersive Treat Trails - No Halloween party is complete without trick-or-treating and the Oogie Boogie Bash takes it to the next level. Not only will you find giant caldrons full of treats, you will be greeted by iconic characters like the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and Oogie Boogie himself - it is his party after all.
- Character Encounters - Not only will the villains be out in scores, you'll also find some of your favorite classic Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best. You'll want to have your camera ready to say "cheese!"
What rides are open during Oogie Boogie Bash?
Most of the attractions at Disney California Adventure Park will be open for the party if they are also open during the day. However, there's one attraction that is only open at night during Halloween Time and only at Disney California Adventure Park. Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark is coming back this year and will be part of Oogie Boogie Bash. It will also be included as part of the regular Halloween Time during non-party nights.
Speaking of non-party nights, many people have asked if World of Color will be playing since the Villainous! overlay will be exclusive to the Oogie Boogie Bash. The answer is yes! The traditional World of Color will be playing during Halloween Time on non-Oogie Boogie Bash nights.
In addition to Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark, Cars Land will become the town of Radiator Screams. The Oogie Boogie Bash is a great time to ride Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween and Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree, as well as your other favorite DCA attractions.
How much are tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Pricing for the Oogie Boogie Bash varies depending on the date. Ticket prices start at $110 and go up to $145. The closer you get to Halloween, the more likely you are to pay the $145 price. Annual Passholders can get a $10 discount on four of the earliest party dates, but other than that there are no discounts. Adults and children ages 3-9 all pay the same price. Tickets are not required for guests who are two or younger.
How do I get tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Tickets went on sale for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders on April 23, 2019. Ticket sales opened to the general public on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are only available directly through Disney.
Will tickets sell out for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Yes, some nights are already sold out of Oogie Boogie bash tickets. In the past, Mickey's Halloween Party always sold out. And because this is an all-new event with so many exclusive offerings, we expect the remaining dates to sell out as well. Additionally, this is the first year that Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be open during Halloween Time, which will likely bring more people overall to the Disneyland Resort. Many of them will probably want to enjoy this exclusive party and many dates, including all of September, have already sold out.
Here is a quick update of all currently sold out party dates:
- All September party dates
- October 3, 8, 10, 13, 17, 24, 27 and 31
However, there are still some party dates available. Currently, the available Oogie Boogie Bash tickets are available for the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 1
- Sunday, October 6
- Tuesday, October 15
- Sunday, October 20
- Tuesday, October 22
- Tuesday, October 29
If you know you want to attend, we recommend getting your tickets as soon as you know you are going.
Can I wear a costume to the Oogie Boogie Bash?
Yes! Costumes are allowed and even encouraged at the Oogie Boogie Bash. Keep in mind that there are costume guidelines that must be followed. No masks, no posing as actual Disney characters, no capes, no weapons and other restrictions may apply. And as always, Disney reserves the right to deny admission or remove anyone who is wearing a costume that they deem inappropriate. Be sure to check the official guidelines when purchasing your Oogie Boogie Bash tickets and you'll be good to go!
How do I book my Halloween Time vacation?
I'm so glad you asked. We would LOVE to help you book your Disneyland vacation for Halloween Time. There is still plenty of time to book a quick September or October getaway. We can help you online or over the phone at 855-GET-AWAY. Either way, you're in for a spook-tacular time!