At Get Away Today we are so excited to announce that we've recently partnered with Fun Jet vacations to bring you the hottest deals to Mexico! Not only do we bring you the best vacation deals, our vacation experts visit our most popular destinations to give you personalized recommendations.
One of our agents recently returned from Puerto Vallarta and put together his top five favorite things about this awesome Mexico vacation destination:
1. LAS CALETAS BEACH HIDEAWAY: Nestled in a secluded nature preserve on the southern shores of Banderas Bay, Las Caletas is now “Vallarta Adventures'” own exclusive tropical beach hideaway. Rated the #4 secluded beach in the world by Trip Advisor, they have several different activities for you to choose from upon arrival. I personally chose to enjoy a nature walk where our tour guide pointed out some really cool creatures including spiders, lizards and hermit crabs. Next, I enjoyed an incredible snorkeling experience where I saw all types of fish including a sting-ray and puffer fish.
2. EL MALECON BOARDWALK: One of the top tourist attractions in Puerto Vallarta, this is a mile long oceanfront boardwalk that is lined with several different sculptures, each with an important meaning. You will also find a variety of shops bars and restaurants as well. One of my favorite parts of walking the boardwalk was being able to get a close look at the Our Lady of Guadalupe Church which was built over several decades in the first half of the 20th century.
3. SAYULITA: About a half hour drive from Puerto Vallarta is Sayulita, a small village with a lot to offer. On top of the scenery, they have a wide choice of bars and restaurants, souvenir shops and excursions. During my visit, a few of us chose to take a surf lesson. Having smaller waves and sandy ocean bottoms it is a perfect place to for a beginner or first timer to go surfing.
4. THE HOTELS: While in Puerto Vallarta I was able to stay at the beautiful all-inclusive Secrets Resort. This hotel, like many in the area, is an oceanfront property that offers both stunning views of the ocean and green, lush hillsides. We were able to tour four properties on our trip; Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort, Iberostar Playa Mita and Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. Each of them offered great amenities, friendly service and delicious food.
5. EVERYTHING ELSE: With so many things to offer, I can’t even begin to scratch the surface with only five choices. Zip lining, horseback riding, scuba diving, kayaking, paddle boarding and waterfall repelling are just some of the many options available in the beautiful city of Puerto Vallarta.
Right now all of our Mexico vacations, including Puerto Vallarta, are on sale! All-inclusive 4 1/2 star resorts for six nights and roundtrip airfare from Salt Lake start at approximately $2,200 total - based on two travelers NOT per person! Book online or call our vacation experts at 855-GET-AWAY.
And in the meantime, check out these videos showing just how amazing Puerto Vallarta is:
Check out these other great articles:
Best Hotels for Your Mexico Vacation
Mexico's Sandos Resorts Spotlight
Top Mexico Vacation Destinations