Jennifer Dunyon, VP of Communications for Get Away Today, was invited to Studio 5 to talk about the top travel destination in the world in 2012... Florida! Walt Disney World is the most popular attraction and May is Walt Disney World Month at Get Away Today! Jen shared some insider tips and money saving ideas for your Walt Disney World vacation.... including a TASTY deal! You can watch her spot here and read all of her tips below:
Walt Disney World Travel Tips:
o Remember, it’s a “world.” It’s huge compared to "our Disneyland" here on the West Coast. Because it's so large, be prepared to play for a week and still leave feeling like you want to come back and experience more! Make sure you plan at least a week. Disney World has 4 theme parks and 2 water parks. You’ll want to have at least a 4-5 day Magic Your Way Ticket, but we recommend going for as long as you can. Here are some things you must do:
- Experience the New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom
- Ride the new FastTrack at Epcot and explore the World Showcase.
- Enjoy your classic favorite attractions and experience so much more with a whole world of fun!
- Best Location! You will make the most of your time. You can get to the parks by monorail, ferry boat, walking or shuttle and it’s all FREE to you.
- FREE transportation from the airport to your hotel
- Disney will transfer your bags from the airport to your hotel. You don’t even have to wait for your bags when you land in Orlando; they’re already en route to your room!
- Extended theme park hours. Each day, one of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks is open for extra hours exclusively for Disney hotel guests.
- There are over 20 hotels to choose from with a price for any budget.
- Each hotel has a fabulous themed pool, many with water slides, great dining options and of course, award-winning Disney service.
o Venture outside of the Disney bubble. You’ll love Islands of Adventure where you'll find the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Universal Studios Hollywood is also popular (next door to Islands of Adventure) as are SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.
o You can even add on a cruise from Port Canaveral, only 40 minutes south. Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean and Carnival all have cruise ships docked there.
Walt Disney World Resort Travel Deals:
o Save up to 30% at the Hotels of the Walt Disney World Resort when you book in May for travel during most dates in the summer. Plus, the longer you stay, the more you’ll save on your Magic Your Way Tickets!
o Free Dining Plan when you’re traveling in September and staying for 5 nights with 6 day tickets! This is a great value and easily one of the most popular Disney World offers. Plus, it's taking place during the perfect time of year to travel when there are fewer crowds!
o We’re your Disney experts. Mention Studio 5 when purchasing your Walt Disney World Vacation and we’ll throw in a $50 Disney Gift Card - and you can even combine it with these great offers! To qualify for the free Disney Gift Card, your package must have a minimum 4 night stay with 3-Day or longer Magic Your Way Tickets and be purchased by May 31.
Call our Disney Experts at 855-GET-AWAY to book your Walt Disney World Resort vacation today!