Halloween Time and the Oogie Boogie Bash 2024
One of the most popular times of year descends upon Disneyland Resort every fall. But we usually get official word on Oogie Boogie Bash as part of Disney’s Halfway to Halloween celebration in April of each year.
Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is expected to run September 1 - October 31, 2024. We've answered all of your questions about the Oogie Boogie Bash below. If we missed anything, let us know and we'll add it to the article.
What is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash - A Disney Halloween Party is just that, an incredible Halloween party that only Disney can throw. It is a private event on select nights that requires a separate ticket. The ticket includes evening theme park admission, including access to attractions, exclusive entertainment and activity options.
Will the Oogie Boogie Bash replace Mickey's Halloween Party?
Yes. If you have previously attended Mickey's Halloween Party, be aware that the Oogie Boogie Bash has replaced this event. There will not be a separate Halloween Party inside Disneyland. However, classic Halloween Time events and attractions will take place as usual throughout the resort.
In fact, Halloween Screams, which used to be exclusive to Mickey's Halloween Party, is now part of Disneyland's nighttime line up and will be available to all guests in the park. Fireworks will be part of the show on most weekend nights through Halloween Time, and the other nights will feature the music, projections and other special effects without fireworks.
Where is the Oogie Boogie Bash?
The Oogie Boogie Bash is held at Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort. Your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket includes access to the park three hours before the party begins. The party begins at 6 pm, which means if you hahave a party ticket, you can get into Disney California Adventure Park as early as 3:00 pm. The party lasts until 11:00 pm..
Although Disney California Adventure Park closes at 6 pm to guests not attending the Oogie Boogie Bash, Disneyland Park will remain open to those who have a Park Hopper ticket. Additionally, Downtown Disney and the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort Hotels will also remain open later to accommodate guests who do not have a party ticket and may or may not have a Park Hopper ticket.
When is the Oogie Boogie Bash? How much are tickets?
In 2023 Oogie Boogie Bash was held on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights.
Prices started at $134 per person and went up to $189 per person. There are no separate prices for children, however kids ages two and younger do not need a party ticket. Below is a complete list of all 2023 party dates with accompanying Oogie Boogie Bash Ticket prices.
Please note that all tickets for 2023 Oogie Boogie Bash dates sold out very quickly. We expect the same to happen in 2024 and will update this article as soon as details on ticket sales are announced.
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023: $134
- Thursday, September 7, 2023: $144
- Sunday, September 10, 2023: $159
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023: $134
- Thursday, September 14, 2023: $144
- Sunday, September 17, 2023: $159
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023: $134
- Thursday, September 21, 2023: $144
- Sunday, September 24, 2023: $129
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023: $144
- Thursday, September 28, 2023: $144
- Sunday, October 1, 2023: $169
- Tuesday, October 3, 2023: $159
- Thursday, October 5, 2023: $159
- Sunday, October 8, 2023: $169
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023: $159
- Thursday, October 12, 2023: $159
- Sunday, October 15, 2023: $169
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023: $159
- Thursday, October 19, 2023: $159
- Sunday, October 22, 2023: $169
- Tuesday, October 24, 2023: $169
- Thursday, October 26, 2023: $169
- Sunday, October 29, 2023: $189
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023: $189
How long is the Oogie Boogie Bash?Oogie Boogie Bash will begin at 6:00 pm and continue until 11:00 pm PT. You are able to get into Disney California Adventure at least three hours prior to the party beginning. That';s up to eight full hours of Disney Halloween fun included with your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket! And with limited capacity during the party, you'll be able to do a LOT.
What exclusives are part of the Oogie Boogie Bash?
This is the most exciting part of all. The Oogie Boogie Bash has so many exclusive offerings available at the party. Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect:
- Immersive Treat Trails- Fill your trick-or-treat bags with all sorts of sweets along spooktacular trick-or-treat trails. You'll love the Halloween-inspired music, decor, and may even encounter a villain or two!
- "Frightfully Fun Parade" - This hit parade from Mickey's Halloween Party has now found a new home at Disney California Adventure Park as part of the Oogie Boogie Bash. The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the parade followed by Mickey and Minnie, Disney villains and much more. It's a frightfully good time! And what's more, it's the FIRST officially announced parade returning to Disneyland Resort!
- Mickey's Trick & Treat show - This show is perfect for the tiniest trick-or-treaters and is held inside the Disney Theater in Hollywoodland. It is interactive and candy is involved. What's not to love?
- Villains Grove- If you think you know Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, the woodsy area of Disney California Adventure Park, think again. It will be completely transformed into a Halloween dreamland with colors, sounds, lights and shadows. You'll find Frollo's Sanctuary, Maleficent's Will, Scar's Elephant Graveyard, The Wicked Queen's Lightning Forest, and so much more.
- Character Encounters - Not only will the villains be out in scores, you'll also find some of your favorite classic Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best. You'll want to have your camera ready to say "cheese!"
What rides are open during Oogie Boogie Bash?
Most of the attractions at Disney California Adventure Park will be open for the party if they are also open during the day. However, in the past, there's one attraction that was only open at night during Halloween Time and only at Disney California Adventure Park. Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark.
In addition to Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark, Cars Land will become the town of Radiator Screams. The Oogie Boogie Bash is a great time to ride Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween and Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree, as well as your other favorite DCA attractions.
How do I get tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
In 2023 tickets went on sale June 27 (no earlier than 9:00 am, Pacific Time), Magic Key holders had the opportunity to purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets ahead of the general public. General admission tickets sales went live on July 11, 2023.
Tickets can be found exclusively on disneyland.com.
Will tickets sell out for Oogie Boogie Bash?
Yes, tickets for the party will sell out, so we recommend purchasing tickets as soon as they go on sale.
I missed getting tickets to Oogie Boogie now what?
Can I wear a costume to the Oogie Boogie Bash?
Yes! Costumes are allowed and even encouraged at the Oogie Boogie Bash. Keep in mind that there are costume guidelines that must be followed. No costume masks, no posing as actual Disney characters, no capes, no weapons and other restrictions may apply. And as always, Disney reserves the right to deny admission or remove anyone who is wearing a costume that they deem inappropriate. Be sure to check the official guidelines when purchasing your Oogie Boogie Bash tickets and you'll be good to go!
How do I book my Halloween Time vacation?
We would LOVE to help you book your Disneyland vacation for Halloween Time. There is still plenty of time to book a September or October 2024 getaway, but you'll want to do it soon. Theme Park Reservations are required and can be made up to 120 days in advance.
That means you can start making your theme park reservations for Halloween Time earlier than ever. We can help you book your vacation online or over the phone at 855-GET-AWAY. Either way, you're in for a spook-tacular time!