If you've booked with Get Away Today before, you already know that we help you save the most money on your Disneyland vacation. But, when you are at Disneyland, time is money! We've put together a video with our best time-saving tips for your Disneyland vacation. Check it out:
As a brief review, here are some of our top points:
- Use the Magic Morning that comes with your 3-day or longer ticket to get into Disneyland an hour before it opens. Plan on arriving 15 to 20 minutes before the early entry begins to really get a good spot in line.
- Stay at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels to get early entry into either Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park every day of your stay. It's the only way you can get into California Adventure, including Cars Land, early and is well worth it!
- If you're not staying on-property and you’ve already used your one Magic Morning, you can still get into the parks early. Although you can’t get to the attractions until the parks officially open, you can enter certain areas of the parks up to 30 minutes before they officially open.
- Use the Fastpass system to hold your place in line for the most popular attractions while you watch a show, grab some lunch, and just have fun! Come back to the attraction at your scheduled return time for a much shorter wait time.
- Use the single rider line option if you're traveling with older kids or adults. You may not be sitting by your party, but a lot of times you ride at the same time.
- If you have kids that don't quite measure up to the height requirements, be sure to use the rider switch option. Your party will get a lanyard from a cast member at the beginning of the attraction and exchange it for the actual pass before they ride. Then, the adult who waited with the shorter kid(s) can take up to two riders with them and get on the attraction without waiting in the regular line. One nice thing about the rider switch pass, is that there are no scheduled return times – just be sure to use them on the same day.
- Make a reservation for character dining. It is a great way to meet all of the characters without waiting in line. To save even more time, dine during off peak dining hours while most people are riding attractions. Then, you'll have even better access to the rides while everyone else is eating lunch.
- Make a plan before your trip and map out which attractions are the most important to your family. Make sure to do those first, just in case there's not quite as much time as you expected.
- And as a bonus time saving tip, you can save time by keeping snacks handy so you can snack while waiting in line for attractions, not waiting in line to buy food.
We hope this helps you make the most of your time at Disneyland! We also help you make the most of your budget. Book your next vacation online or call our Disney Experts at 855-GET-AWAY to save time and money!
Check out these other great articles and videos:
Everything You Need to Know About Disney's Fastpass System (Video)
Most Frequently Asked Disneyland Ticket Questions (Video)
Top 10 Disneyland Tips from Get Away Today (Video)
Best of Disneyland Diamond Celebration (Video)
Join the Conversation!Leave A Comment