Grand Floridian Resort Review
There are over 25 onsite hotels at Walt Disney World Resort. Learn more about Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa from our travel experts.
Grand Floridian Resort Review - Rooms
Right when you walk into the Grand Floridian, you are greeted by a grand lobby and you know you're someplace special! The rooms also reflect the Victorian-style and charm of the hotel.
Rooms at the Grand Floridian Resort can sleep up to five guests, and you can request Garden, Lagoon or Theme Park views. Standard and Deluxe rooms at the Grand include the following options:
- Two Queen beds and one Daybed
- Two Queen beds
- One King bed and one Daybed
- One King bed and one Double-size sleeper sofa
You’ll love the plush linens and luxe finishes throughout the rooms at the Floridian. Relax against a tufted headboard after a magical day in the Parks, and look for hidden Mickeys in the embroidery The dual vanity makes getting ready in the room convenient, and the tub/shower combination is great for families with young children. The bathroom is also separate from the living space, so you can have privacy and get ready without disturbing other guests in the room.
Rooms also feature sliding glass doors for access to the outside, extending the living space and inviting views of the surrounding property into your room. Select rooms in the Outer Building have vaulted ceilings, making the rooms spacious and bright.
Grand Floridian Resort Review - Amenities
You can expect grand amenities at the Grand Floridian, not only in the rooms but at the property as a whole.
Room amenities at the Floridian include the following:
- Turndown service offering chocolates
- Free WiFi Service
- Soaker Tub
- Telephone - Be sure to request complimentary Character wakeup calls during your stay!
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Ironing Board
- In-Room Safe
- In-room celebrations - If you’re celebrating a special occasion, let us know at time of booking so we can help facilitate some surprises in your hotel room.
Sitting on the shore of the Seven Seas Lagoon, the Grand Floridian Resort offers many recreational and memory-making activities for your family.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Onsite at the Grand Floridian is a magical boutique for transforming young guests into royalty. Advance reservations are recommended, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is typically open from 8am - 4pm.
- Pools - We love the Beach Pool at the Grand Floridian for families! It includes a giant slide and a play area for kids. If you’re looking for a quiet, leisure pool, head to the Courtyard Pool
- Seven Seas Lagoon - This man-made Lagoon is available for boating, fishing, the Electrical Water Pageant and more.
- Onsite Recreation - Make jogging, basketball and more part of your vacation at the Grand. You'll find outdoor courts and trails available for guest use.
- Senses Spa and Salon - Schedule massages, haircuts and more at this luxurious onsite spa at the Grand Floridian.
- Dream ‘n Design - On Sundays from 12:30pm - 2:30pm, guests 8 and older can paint wooden or ceramic creations in Narcoossee's and enjoy a complimentary beverage.
- Movies Under the Stars and campfires - Campfires, s'mores and movies under the stars can be enjoyed near the Courtyard Pool at the Grand Floridian.
- Arcadia Games - Purchase a Game Card for access to over 1,500 arcade games available at numerous Disney World Resorts. Game Cards are refillable, and can be used at any of the arcades at the hotels.
- Gift Shops - Stop by Basin White, Curiouser Clothiers, M. Mouse Mercantile or Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundry for last-minute supplies, souvenirs, apparel and more.
- Princess Promenade which happens daily at 3:30 pm. Cinderella, Prince Charming, and other royal guests escort children down the hotel’s majestic staircase and post for photos. They finish the event off with a grand waltz in which everyone is invited to participate.
Grand Floridian Resort Review - Dining
When you start your day at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, you have a number of dining options for breakfast. If you return to the hotel at the end of the day for a meal, you'll find a lot to choose from, with menus that appeal to the whole family.
- Citricos - Mediterranean fine dining, open for dinner from 5pm - 9:30pm. Reservations are recommended, and there is a dress code.
- Narcoossee’s - Located on the waterfront, open for dinner from 5pm - 9:30pm. Reservations are recommended, and there is a dress code at this restaurant, which offers surf and turf fare.
- Victoria & Albert’s - Another fine-dining option, this AAA, five-star restaurant offers American cuisine. Reservations are recommended, and there is a dress code. Open from 5:30pm - 7:35pm.
- 1900 Park Fare - Enjoy breakfast and dinner at this buffet-style eatery. Make reservations for Character Dining at the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast or Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. You can also experience the Wonderland Tea Party, geared towards ages 4 - 12.
- Highway in the Sky Dine Around - Participate in a progressive dinner that begins at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Hop on the Monorail and head to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, followed by Disney’s Grand Floridian. Advance reservations are recommended.
- Garden View Tea Room - Enjoy morning or afternoon tea in the Tea Room. You can make reservations for a Character Tea that includes storytelling, photo opportunities and a parting gift from the Princesses.
- Grand Floridian Cafe - Casual dining with Victorian charm, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy American cuisine and purchase a souvenir sipper to commemorate your visit.
- Enchanted Rose - This lounge is inspired by Beauty and the Beast, and is open from 1pm - 12am.
- Gasparilla Island Grill - Open all day, you can find refreshment and made-to-order menu items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacking. This casual dining option offers American cuisine.
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill - When you’re enjoying the pool, head to Beaches Bar & Grill for drinks and lunch.
- Courtyard Pool Bar - This poolside eatery offers entrees, sides and an assortment of beverages.
- Room service - When you’re recharging in your room, you’re invited to order room service around the clock.
Grand Floridian Resort Review - Location
The Grand Floridian is located on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon, with convenient access to Magic Kingdom Park. There is a Monorail Station located on the hotel grounds, which makes getting around Walt Disney World so easy! Other complimentary transportation at the Grand Floridian includes water taxis and ferry boats. We have an article HERE all about Walt Disney World Resort Transportation.
Grand Floridian Resort Review - Overview
It's impossible to capture all of the amazing features of the Grand Floridian Hotel with pictures, so you'll have to go and see it all for yourself! Our Disney experts will always find the best deal for your Disney World vacation. Using our complimentary concierge services is probably the easiest way to plan your next Orlando vacation; our Disney World specialists are happy to help set up your My Disney Experience account, arrange Resort transportation, make dining reservations, FastPass+ requests and more. Find out more about Walt Disney World concierge services HERE.
Call our Disney World Vacation Experts at 855-GET-AWAY and start making memories today!