Valentine’s Day has grown to be one of the biggest celebrations of love around the world. There are so many ways to honor your significant other on February 14th, but visiting Walt Disney World is one of our favorites. Most people consider the park to be a family-affair only, but there are plenty of romantic things to do at Disney World. In fact, the park is one of the most popular honeymoon spots for Disney lovers – known as a Disneymoon. If you’ll be celebrating your significant other in Disney World this year, here are 14 romantic things to do at Disney World:
1. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride with your sweetheart. You’ll be able to gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes as you enjoy a picturesque ride around the forest of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground or along the banks of the Sassagoula River at Port Orleans- Riverside Resort. Carriage rides can be booked up to 180 days in advance and currently cost $45 for up to four adults.
2. Walk hand-in-hand along Disney’s BoardWalk. The BoardWalk always has something going on, but nighttime is our favorite for an affectionate stroll. There’s just something about the twinkling lights reflecting off the water that makes Disney’s BoardWalk a favorite on the list of romantic things to do at Disney World. Couples 21 and older can watch piano maestros duel at Jellyrolls or dance to the greatest 80s and 90s hits at the Atlantic Dance Hall, too!
3. Visiting Disney Springs is one of the best romantic things to do at Disney World since it offers such a wide variety. The lively shopping district includes an AMC theater, shops of every kind and restaurants for any mood. If you and your honey enjoy acrobatics with a tough of humor, don’t miss Cirque De Soleil’s La Nouba. Or, if you prefer throwing strikes, check out the hub’s unique bowling alley, Splitsville Luxury Lanes. Disney Springs is the perfect night out at Disney World for any couple!
4. Don’t forget to cuddle while you watch a Disney Classic under the stars! Several of the Disney World resorts offer complimentary screenings of Disney movies, . You can check with the Front Desk at your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel for a schedule of all movies being played that day. It’s sure to be an amazing night, whether you’re surrounded by woodlands or sitting poolside.
5. One of the most romantic things to do at Disney World is a couple’s spa treatment. Just imagine how relaxed you and your sweetie will be after spending a few hours being pampered! Both the Disney’s Grand Floridian and Disney’s Saratoga Springs resorts offer Senses – A Disney Spa. You can choose from multiple treatments including a customized couple’s massage and pedicure package.
6. Spend your dinner gazing into each other’s eyes with a specialty dining experience. There are a variety of restaurants available to help you celebrate your love for each other. One of the most renowned is Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. You’ll be expected to dress in your finest and will be waited on by your very own butler and maid. It may just be the fanciest of the romantic things to do at Disney World. Some of our other favorites include dining in the Beast’s castle at the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom or dining under the stars at the San Angel Inn Restaurante in Epcot. You’ll be swept off your feet by your sweetheart all over again at any of these restaurants!
7. Often overlooked, spending a day at Epcot should always be included when considering romantic things to do at Disney World. You’ll be able to stroll through 11 different countries in one day, all while sharing delicacies from each! Once the sun sets, you can snuggle close to watch IllumiNations. We recommend getting a FastPass+ or booking an IllumiNations dessert party for the best viewing spots.
8. Surprise your significant other by decorating your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room. You can bring your own supplies (rose petals, flowers, chocolates, etc.) and decorate the room while you send your partner away for a bit. Or you can plan a package with Disney Floral & Gifts. They’ll supply everything and decorate the room while you’re out experiencing all the other romantic things to do at Disney World!
9. Share an iconic treat with your loved one. The possibilities are endless when it comes to iconic treats, so try to choose something you know your special someone loves. That could be a Dole Whip, churro, Mickey bar or even the same piece of spaghetti from Tony’s Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom. You’ll be able to find a sweet treat to share no matter which park you’re in!
10. Be a little wild and take your honey on a nighttime safari. The Starlight Safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most unique romantic things to do at Disney World. For an additional cost, you can both be amazed as you take a safari vehicle through the savannas. You’ll be equipped with night vision goggles and have the chance to see over 30 species of African wildlife. The Kilimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom also offered evening safaris last year. There hasn’t been word yet, but we are crossing our fingers that they bring it back this summer. If they do, be sure to make a FastPass+ reservation for it since the evening rides are so popular!
11. Pick up a celebration button from City Hall in Magic Kingdom announcing your love for each other! Disney has specially-designed “Happily Ever After” pins that are perfect for the couple celebrating their honeymoon, engagement or anniversary. Plus, the Cast Members love to congratulate you when they see your buttons. This may just be one of the easiest romantic things to do at Disney World!
12. Cuddle on your favorite rides. Rides like Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid, It’s a Small World, Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion are perfect for cuddling. Not only will you get to snuggle up close to your sweetie, but your feet will be able to relax for a bit too.
13. Watch the fireworks together. There’s nothing quite like watching the Disney World fireworks with your arm wrapped around your sweetheart. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting teary-eyed from not only enjoying the show, but being able to enjoy it with your special someone!
14. One of the absolute most romantic things to do at Disney World is kiss in front of the castle. It’s the perfect spot to feel like royalty while you steal a quick kiss from your honey. You can’t forget to capture it on camera either! This is also one of the perfect spots to propose, if you’re planning on asking the big question while there.
As you can see, there are plenty of romantic things to do at Disney World! It’s the perfect place to enjoy your upcoming honeymoon or anniversary. There’s nothing quite like celebrating your love for each other with the magic of Disney. You can book online or give our travel experts a call at 855-GET-AWAY. We can’t wait to help you plan your most romantic Disney trip yet!
Check out these other romantic articles: