Of course, there are so many more, but in celebration of the New Year, we'll give you our top picks of things to do at Disneyland in 2017. Check out our most anticipated rides, shows and experiences for this year at the Disneyland Resort:
1. Watch the Main Street Electrical Parade. 2017 may be the only year you'll be able to experience this classic parade as it makes its triumphant return over 20 years after it left the park.The Main Street Electrical Parade is expected to return for a limited time engagement from January 20 through August 20, 2017. Don't miss it!
2. Watch Fantasmic! on the newly reconfigured Rivers of America. This classic nighttime show is expected to return summer of 2017. Summer can't come soon enough!
3. Ride the new Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! coming this summer after the theatrical release of Guardians of the Galaxy 2. We can't wait to ride this thrilling new attraction with a different experience every time. In fact, since the drop and music sequences will change with each ride, this could actually be a few of the 17 things to do at Disneyland in 2017. But, since there are so many others, we'll leave it as one.
4. Blast off on Hyperspace Mountain. The Star Wars overlay to this classic attraction is back and is a must experience for any Star Wars fan. We don't know how long it will last, so be sure to visit soon.
5. Take in a performance of the new Frozen - Live at the Hyperion. This hour-long Broadway style show in Disney California adventure park is a must see. The music, costumes and scenery are just unbelievable. Plus, it's a nice break in an incredibly comfortable theater.
6. Take flight on Soarin' Around the World. This reimagined attraction has quickly become a favorite. Housed in the old Soarin' Over California hangar, this ride takes you over the Taj Mahal, Iguassu Falls, Monument Valley and so much more.
7. Race around Radiator Springs. Cars Land is without a doubt one of the most immersive places in all of the Disneyland Resort. It's easy to spend at least half a day here, so be sure to schedule enough time to experience everything. Try to be there around dusk and you'll get to see the nightly neon lighting of the town.
8. Try a new (to you) treat. Disneyland has so many fun things to eat, that it's likely that you haven't tried everything no matter how often you have visited. Trying something that you haven't before is always fun and a great way to find a new favorite. Some of our favorites include the mint juleps, Mickey beignets, Dole pineapple whips, corn dogs, caramel apples and Matterhorn macaroons.
9. Catch an extended preview of one of Disney's newest flicks before it comes out. The Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park regularly screens previews of Disney's upcoming shows. The extended reviews normally last about 10 minutes and often times include special effects. Last year Disney showed sneak peaks of the live action Jungle Book, Pete's Dragon, Dr. Strange and Moana.
10. Get a Fastpass for World of Color. In 2017, Disneyland is showing the original version of this nighttime spectacular. Be aware that if you visit during the holidays, you may catch a special holiday edition of the show, which is equally amazing.
11. Which brings us to our next thing to do at Disneyland in 2017... Travel during the holidays to catch all of the special holiday entertainment. World of Color has a holiday version, there are holiday parades, fireworks and so much more. As a bonus, the holidays begin in mid November and continue through the first week in January, so you have plenty of time to experience the magic.
12. Speaking of holidays, be sure to catch the holiday version of three classic Disneyland attractions. The Jungle Cruise becomes the Jingle Cruise. "it's a small world" becomes "it's a small world" Holiday. And finally, Haunted Mansion is Haunted Mansion Holiday. Haunted Mansion Holiday transforms beginning mid September for Halloween Time and lasts through the first week in January. The attraction features goulish characters from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Each year the ballroom scene features a beautifully created gingerbread house.
13. Halloween Time at Disneyland is also one of the experiences you should do at Disneyland in 2017. Everything is so festive and celebrates fall. From the giant Mickey jack-o'-lantern welcoming you on Main Street to the separate ticketed Mickey's Halloween party, there is so much fun to be had.
14. Grab a bite or drink at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar located at the Disneyland Hotel. Although known to hardcore Disney fans, this whimsical restaurant and bar has stayed under the radar for many family vacationers. Families should visit before 8 or 9pm when it's more family friendly.
15. Get a spot on Main Street USA to watch the return of Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks. This is one of our favorite Disneyland fireworks shows which took a hiatus for the Diamond Celebration and then was replaced with Fantasy in the Sky briefly. Remember... Dreams Come True will return on weekends beginning February 3, 2017.
16. Ride the Disneyland Railroad with its brand-new track. With the construction of Star Wars Land, the train had to make a few adjustments. It will now take you over the Rivers of America and all stations will be open for business summer 2017.
17. Dine with some characters. Although not specific to 2017, the highlight of any Disney vacation, especially with kids is Character Dining. Choose from Goofy's Kitchen,Breakfast in the Park with Minnie and friends, Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey and friends, Critter Country breakfast with Chip and Dale, or the Princess Celebration breakfast or lunch at Ariel's Grotto.
There is so much to do at Disneyland, and with these new, returning, and classic favorites, you will definitely want to be there this year. Make a resolution to visit Disneyland in 2017 and use our layaway plan to hold your vacation for just $175 down. You can book our Disneyland packages online or by calling our agents at 855-GET-AWAY.
Check out these other great articles: